View: 3160|Reply: 23

SER6 Max 7735 HS problem with Ethernet

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-16 01:55:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all,

I have a problem I search the forum a little bit with Windows11 or Beelink BIOS I dont really know, but I cant seem to find the solution. I have to my ser6 max an ethernet connection but also a wifi connection.

When the pc goes into sleep and then I "awake" it it loses the ethernet connection and will search to connect with WiFi. Even if I turn off the Wifi the PC wont connect with the ethernet. To make ethernet work I have to go to advanced network settings disable the ethernet port and then enable it again.

Its iritating and I have searched a lot on the internet and tried everything. I enabled Wake On Magic Packet etc.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-29 15:15:10 | Show all posts
Just wanted to say that after upgrading the firmware from v20 to v23 and running it for over a week now, this problem has been solved for me.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-16 11:17:54 | Show all posts
hello, about this issue, pls contact our after-sale email: Support-PC@bee-link.com , thanks a lot.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-17 14:56:59 | Show all posts
A comparison chart with older models. It can become perplexing:)

Link to official retailers (such as Amazon, Ali, and Buy Direct)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-18 08:57:31 | Show all posts
I am experiencing the same issue.  I just got my Ser6 Max about a week ago.  This issue does not happen with the wifi just the ethernet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-18 22:27:01 | Show all posts
Hello,
I am experiencing the same issue, should everyone open a ticket to support?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-19 07:37:45 | Show all posts
Hello.

I had the same problem too. Returned the first one and the second one is working but it's only been a few days. It's like it disconnects the network card and the only fix is to use the Windows 11 ethernet fix program, but I'm getting a notice that it will be "depreciated" (not available ) by next year.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-19 14:06:41 | Show all posts
hello, yes, there is a bios for this issue, pls contact support-pc@bee-link.com, then they will send you the bios accordingly.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-20 09:58:51 | Show all posts
I emailed support and they sent me a link to the bios update and a document instructing me how to install the update.  I am having trouble with the instructions.  I have downloaded the linked bios file.  I have extracted it onto a USB with at least 16GB and formated to FAT32 and named the volume WINPE as they instruct.

There are a couple sub-folders in the zip file so I put all the files (including the ones in the subfolder) in the root folder.

If I press F7 repeatedly while the computer is restarting I will get into the bios setup.

In their instructions I can't quite find the "Boot Manager" page that they show in their screen shot.  I can find the "boot order" and I can set it to boot off USB first instead of the installed NVME drive but that does not seem to do anything.  Their instructions talk about typeing "fs3" and then "dir" or "ls."  It looks like they are in a command window but I can get to that point.

If someone from Beelink support can further elaborate on this step in the process I would appreciate it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-20 10:38:11 | Show all posts
This is a followup to my previous post just 25 mins ago.  If you got the link to the updated bios from Beelink I figured out my mistake in putting it onto the USB drive.  When you extract the zip file you will get a folder named "SER6 MAX V23".  Within it will be another folder named "SER6 MAX."  The files and subfolder in that folder should be what is copied to the root folder of your USB drive.  

You still have to have their instruction sheet.  When I restarted my computer with the usb plugged in (I had previously set it to first boot to USB in the bios) I kept pressing "F7" pretty quickly.  Right after the black screen with the "Del or F7" text in the bottom left corner the computer booted from the USB drive and starter the bios flashing process automatically.  I did not need to manually do steps 5 or 6 in the instruction.  The total time to flash the bios was perhaps 10 minutes with a command window open the entire time.  Once it was complete I rebooted with a ctrl - alt - del.  I went back into the bios setup and change the boot order back to my NVME drive first,m saved & exit, and rebooted.

I also check the Bios Version and the last two digits, which were previously "20" had been updated to "23."  So my new bios version is now "SER6promaxP5C8V23."  Also the build date and time is 10/08/2023 15:08:21.

I hope this helps people out.  I have done one wake up from sleep and the ethernet adapter was still on and connected.

On a separate note.  Before I got the bios update file from BeeLink I found a temporary fix.  I am not fully sure why it worked but it did (my IT guy at worked helped me with it).  In the bios setup I went to "Aptio Setup - Powerlimit setting" and changed it from "Balanced Mode" to "Performance Mode."  In windows "System - Power - Power mode" I changed it from "Balanced" to "Best Performance."  That seemed to fix the problem until I got the bios update.  Now that I have the bios update I have set both of those setting back to "balance."  If I have any problems in the next couple days I will post back here.

Right now it looks like the bios update is working.

Thanks Beelink Support.  You got back to me pretty quickly and I appreciate it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-21 10:06:37 | Show all posts
Sorry to bump, but I am also having issues with the ethernet.

Why won't they post the bios link where people can find it? Looks like it is not an isolated issue.
I have emailed and have received no link or answer.

I think I will  return this to amazon while the return window is still open.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list