Author: juanthc

Will there be a new firmware 107, or not?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-22 23:08:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
They can't have been working on a new firmware for 2 months and not sorted it, there fu**ing useless if you ask me
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-22 23:35:49 | Show all posts
hubber63 replied at 2016-12-22 23:08
They can't have been working on a new firmware for 2 months and not sorted it, there fu**ing useless ...

It is amazing that alternative firmware developers can produce a new version to fix bugs in a matter of hours...

Quite frankly, even if 107 does eventually appear I won't be using it on my two GT1s...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-23 00:01:06 | Show all posts
Cyprusgrump replied at 2016-12-22 23:35
It is amazing that alternative firmware developers can produce a new version to fix bugs in a matt ...

I don't get this either....I can't decide if I should send my box back for a refund. I do like it, except that stuff looks too dark and for some reason it won't keep the Netflix app in my favorites.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-23 04:22:59 | Show all posts
george59 replied at 2016-12-23 00:01
I don't get this either....I can't decide if I should send my box back for a refund. I do like it, ...

When it is working properly with decent firmware the hardware is amazing!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-24 01:49:42 | Show all posts
steelgtr replied at 2016-12-21 22:53
How have they resolved the dark screen issue?

They activated /etc/init.d support and run a script at boot which write the following value:

echo "10" >> /sys/class/video/vpp_brightness

-> this increases brightness by 10, in custom rom the value is zero.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-24 14:54:32 | Show all posts
First of all, Mary Christmas to everybody and happy holidays.

I must say, that this box is a strong box with very good hardware system. Unfortunately as we see until now, Beelink do not have a person to know how to fix fast and for sure the software problems, that's why we don't have yet a new firmware to solve at list the big issues.

So the question must be... when beelink will get a new staff to work on it.

And the point of all this, is why Beelink cannot test the customs roms and to give the permission to the creators, to make the next one firmware. There is no other option Beelink. You can get a new person to work for you, or you ask for help on web. Many persons are better than your person, who trying to make a new rom so long without success.

I am hearing here about spmc. I use that because is a truth that not crash, but as I said again, is too slow with the connection and you must waiting many seconds to go back or forward or to open a link to watch a movie. Also, cannot connect with the links where have the repos and only if you have download the zip you can install them. Even from ares or from eco wizards, the connection many times is too slow. I believe, the creator of spmc, he put something in apk where sending all the time information’s to him. But it is sure that the box also have problem with spmc.

We must say also, that the kodi creators are not to good persons. Let me explain. They don't support this processor but support the expensive boxes and the big companies. That means them taking under the table donations e.t.c..
Without a media player who can play streams, these boxes are for nothing. So, I hope someday, soon, someone to create a new open apk like kodi, to support all the hardware’s and I hope someday, nobody downloading anymore the kodi.

Until then, we need a custom spmc from Beelink, compatible with this box.

So, bellink, please give us a new firmware, even with many old problems, but with a spmc as default and not the kodi version. And please, try to make it to work fast and to connect to links where the repos are.

Hve a nice day :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-25 01:48:13 | Show all posts
Firmware is the heart of the product, why they don't have someone on staff that is able to do this properly is surprising. I paid a little more for my box because I felt I was getting it from a semi-brand. I would like to see them live up to that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-25 02:06:41 | Show all posts
Tekla replied at 2016-12-24 01:49
They activated /etc/init.d support and run a script at boot which write the following value:

echo ...

Nice to see they see/follow custom rom work :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2016-12-25 07:26:42 | Show all posts
superceleron replied at 2016-12-25 02:06
Nice to see they see/follow custom rom work

our legend is coming
MINI MXIII (died), MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I, MINIX U1

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-28 04:22:28 | Show all posts
Yes it's true. When will Beelink send firmware 107.

Please send it urgently.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list