View: 177|Reply: 1

SER7 Limited Network Speed *Resolved*

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time The day before yesterday 02:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by touchstone at 2024-07-05 23:51

I have a SER7 I bought about a month ago which is limited to no faster than about 340mbps with both the internal Wifi and an external Wifi adapter. I have tested the adapter in the same location on a different computer and achieved 2gbps speeds on the 5Ghz Wifi6E connection. Link speed is 2.4gbps with the external adapter and 1.2gbps with the internal adapter.

The computer is setup with an eGPU Razer core X encloser with a AMD 7700XT GPU, an external NVME enclosure USB4 40gbps with a samsung 990 PRO 2tb on the second rear USB4 port, a TP Link Archer TXE70UH (AXE5400) on the rear USB 3.2 port. I have a speaker system plugged into the rear audio jack and a 1440p monitor in the rear HDMI port. The other rear USB 3.2 port goes to the monitor which splits it for a mouse and keyboard.

When I first got the unit I didn't notice what speeds it was running at for networking. I have noticed WHEA-Logging 17 errors which coincide with the system blue-screening or the USB storage disconnecting and reconnecting. I have replaced the external SSD enclosure and updated the PCIE root port drivers and the event messages have stopped happening.

I have updated the system with the latest drivers for the SER7 and the latest AMD chipset drivers and GPU drivers (for internal and eGPU). The system is running stable but network speeds are still limited to only 340mbps. This is not internet speed, I am checking between devices on the same network. Speed from a wired computer at the router to the SER7 is limited to the same amount but has 1gbps+ to any other computer on the network.

I initially thought it was a problem with the internal WiFi adapter (as per all the other posts) but I don't get any faster speeds with an external adapter either. I have not tried a direct ethernet connection yet as that is not a viable option for where the PC is placed. The same external adapter gets full speeds on an ASUS laptop (with the antenna put in the exact same place as before).

** Solution **
Thunderbolt 3 and thunderbolt 4 cables connected to the rear USB4 connections were added one at a time and gradually decreased the internal WiFi speed. The external WiFi antenna was at first plugged into the front of the unit but was subsequently moved to the rear where both USB A ports are not 3.x but actually 2.0. This limited the speed to < 480mbps with overhead. The front USB 3.x port is able to use closer to the full speed of the adapter. The system still suffers from interference on its ports and there are a lot of WHEA 17 error codes from one of the USB4 ports but the system is now able to use up to 1gbps depending on conditions.

In my defence the link speed reported by the adapter was always 1.2gbps or higher and the only limiting factor seemed to be the system itself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time The day before yesterday 15:40 | Show all posts
HI, There
Here are some potential solutions:
1.Please make sure your WIFI signal is full.
2. Make sure that the distance between the PC and the router is less than 6 meters.
3. Please uninstall the wifi driver and then resatart the PC to see if it works.
4. Please right click the windows ---setting -troubleshooting ---other toubleshooters--- internet---run , let the PC diagnose the problem and solve it automatically.
5. Go to device manager , click the property of the Intel WiFi driver ---advanced--choose property 802 ax, value also choose 802 ax.

6.CLR CMOS
First, please unplug the power supply and HDMI cable.  
Secondly, Please hit the "CLR CMOS" button for about 10 seconds.
Ten minutes later, plug the power supply and HDMI cable, turn on the PC again,  
once turn on the PC,  you will need more than one minute to wait for the PC to enter the system. 
See if it works.  Please try few more times.

7.Please right click the windows--computer management--double click Services--①Wlan  auto config--start the service, ②WWAN Auto config ---start the service.

8.Go to the windows terminal (admin) >  type in : sfc /scannow > then wait until finished.   

9. Please try this software to fix wifi issue:  NetAdapterRepair1.2
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list