View: 199|Reply: 10

SER6 Pro AMD 7735HS Frequent Reboots

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by ChrisWNY at 2024-06-24 12:14

This thread is for the SER6 Pro Mini-PC 7735HS system.

Problem: random, unexplained, unexpected reboots

• CPU AMD 7735HS
  • 32GB DDR5 RAM
  • BIOS v113 dated 2/22/2023
  • AMD Chipset drivers v6.05.28.016 (latest)
  • AMD Radeon Software v24.5.1 (latest)

I've had this Beelink SER6 Pro in operation since May 2023, so this system is barely 1 yr old. Since I've had it, the system has randomly rebooted, for no reason whatsoever...when it reboots, there is NOTHING in the Windows Event log other than an "unexpected shutdown" message. No errors. No issues reported by sfc /scannow, no Memtest errors, no overheating (temps are usually between 45-55C on CPU/GPU), no fan issues, system runs great minus the random, unexpected reboots.

When I first started using the system in May 2023, the reboots would occur generally once a week, usually overnight when the system was completely idle. The reboots were an annoyance, but not a major problem, so I just lived with the occasional random reboot problem for many months. Lately however the reboots have worsened, sometimes multiple times per day. At best, I get an uptime of 3-4 days before a random reboot. These reboots are NOT Windows update related, or related to any software updates whatsoever.

I've reinstalled Windows 11 on this system at least three times, no difference, reboots still occur at random. Again, they USUALLY occur when the system is idle, monitors off. I have this system set to NEVER sleep. It runs 24x7, it's my daily driver PC. The random reboots started off as a minor annoyance, and I just dealt with it. Now they're really becoming a problem. I use this PC for monitoring, as well as for a weather station that needs a 24x7 uptime. I don't use this system for gaming or anything CPU or GPU intensive, just common daily usage such as web browsing, etc. I've searched the web and it seems other users of the SER6 Pro 7735HS system have had similar problems. Specifically, users of the GTR7 system and the random reboots are very similar to my own. I own several Beelink mini-PC's, all Intel systems. This is the ONLY Beelink system I own that has this problem.

I've read that there was an issue with AMD specs and the motherboard design with 7735HS CPU? Can someone confirm this?

Any suggestions? I will have to get rid of and replace this system if the reboots get any worse.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 10 hour(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by Antolikus at 2024-06-30 13:21

@ChrisWNY, Hello, Could you supply more detailed step-by-step instructions? I don't find anything to download at GitHub, it doesn't work with CMD in Windows 11.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Have the same problem, throw the part out of the window so annoying.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
hello, about this issue, your bios and ec are the latest version, about this issue, pls contact our after-sales email: support-pc@bee-link.com  , will send you more potential solutions, thanks
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Antolikus replied at 2024-06-24 13:58
Have the same problem, throw the part out of the window so annoying.

Are you referring to the same exact system (SER6 Pro w/7735HS AMD CPU)? How often does yours reboot? In my case, it's usually overnight when I'm not using it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time The day before yesterday 15:34 | Show all posts
ChrisWNY replied at 2024-06-27 21:40
Are you referring to the same exact system (SER6 Pro w/7735HS AMD CPU)? How often does yours reboot ...

HI there.
Please try one RAM inside ,see if working better.

and try this
Go to the windows terminal (admin) >  type in : sfc /scannow > then wait until finished.   

Please go to BIOS advanced page >ACPI settings >  enable ACPI auto configuration.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time The day before yesterday 15:34 | Show all posts
Are you referring to the same exact system (SER6 Pro w/7735HS AMD CPU)? How often does yours reboot ...

You can send us a picture of SN number and BIOS version to our email address .
So we would be able to know whether it is latest BIOS and send you files accordingly.
Here`s how to check your BIOS version:
https://mega.nz/#F!yuISGa4I!s1bQQajKwnsEdzjqq4nopQ 

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time Yesterday 12:22 | Show all posts
My SER6 pro is running on the latest BIOS, v113, released Feb 2023.

sfc /scannow: no integrity violations

I've enabled ACPI auto configuration within the BIOS

I've yet to run the unit on ONE RAM stick...seems that some that had the same problem with the GTR7 rebooting were able to resolve their issue using one RAM stick. Both RAM sticks pass Memtest86 and the Windows memory diagnostic checks. If my SER6 Pro runs fine with one stick, wouldn't this mean the BIOS or something else is defective?

I've found no reliable or consistent method of triggering the reboot issue...it's random, unexpected, and no errors are ever reported within the Windows event log. My SER6 Pro has had this problem since I purchased it in late April 2023. I lived with it because the reboot would primarily occur overnight, when idle, not in use.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time Yesterday 21:59 | Show all posts
Edited by ChrisWNY at 2024-06-29 22:05

I believe the following TWO (2) commands FIX the unexpected reboots in Windows 11 - this was posted in the GTR forum:

msr-cmd.exe -A setbit 0xC0010292 32 0
msr-cmd.exe -A rmwmask 0xC0010296 0x404040 0x0

This requires downloading msr utility from Github, and running the above commands as admin in a command prompt (as admin) whenever the system is restarted (for updates, etc.). I would recommend creating a batch script and configuring it to run on startup under an admin user.

My SER6 Pro has now been running for 24 hours without abruptly rebooting. Previously it was rebooting several times per day.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 12 hour(s) ago | Show all posts

I have exactly the same system, permanent new starts all day less. Will sell the part on Ebay as a defect. Never Beelink again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 11 hour(s) ago | Show all posts
Antolikus replied at 2024-06-30 01:02
I have exactly the same system, permanent new starts all day less. Will sell the part on Ebay as a ...

Try this...

Download the msr utility from Github. Extract the Msr utility release, then run the following commands as an admin in the Windows 11 Terminal or command prompt:

msr-cmd.exe -A setbit 0xC0010292 32 0
msr-cmd.exe -A rmwmask 0xC0010296 0x404040 0x0

Let me know if that solves your problem. It solved mine when nothing else would. The advice from Support to remove a RAM stick to solve the problem is unacceptable.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list