View: 204|Reply: 3

SER8 USB Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi there,

I have been experiencing USB issues with my SER8, I have a 8bay SATA HDD USB3.0 enclosure, which I have plugged into my rear USB3.2 port. I have the 8 bays populated with 8x 10tb HDDs which are joined in a Stablebits Drivepool, to present an 80tb drive to the OS... This exact setup had worked flawlessly on my previous Beelink GTR5 minipc for a few years, and still does (ive swapped back over and its still 100%)

When I try to do intensive reading or writing to the drive, it works for a while and then the USB connection drops for a few seconds, Drivepool looses connection to the drive and drops the software raid drive, before reconnecting and rebuilding the drive (10mins+)... Checking Windows logs shows that the drives have been "unexpectedly removed" and then reconnected a few seconds later, this causes no end of problems.  I have tried the front USB3.2 port and get the same error, im currently waiting for a USB 3 B to C cable so I can try the USB-C front and rear ports.

Im on the original firmware "SER8_P5C8V23" and using the stock drivers that were included with the PC a couple of weeks ago.

Has anyone any tips, is the USB3-B to C cable likely to offer any improvement? do I need new drivers? BIOS? are their any BIOS settings to improve USB stability? or have I simply recieved a defective SER8>

Thanks for any help, Darryn.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Hello Darryn,

It is recommended that you go to the power option and try to remove the hub energy saving option, and then see how the machine performs.

Have a nice day!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
I have updated to firmware 26 and tried everything, but it doesn’t work. Adjusting the power options in Windows doesn’t help either. I have connected the Samsung T7 Shield. I received the ser8 by courier today, installed Windows 11, and gave up after testing for a few hours. Beelink needs to provide a solution, or I need to check if I received a defective product.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time The day before yesterday 15:31 | Show all posts
Hi please update the drivers
here`s the drivers for SER8
https://url.bee-link.cn/xv1s

and try this
CLR CMOS
First, please unplug the power supply and HDMI cable. 
Secondly, Please hit the "CLR CMOS" button for about 10 seconds.
Please wait until 10 minutes later (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT),
Then plug the power supply and HDMI cable back in, turn on the PC again, 
once turn on the PC,  you will need more than one minute to wait for the PC to enter the system.
See if it works.  Please try few more times.

2. Go to the windows terminal (admin) >  type in : sfc /scannow > then wait until finished.   

3.Please uncheck the save energy in the device manager---universal serial bus controller--USB hub---properties--power management---uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power"

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list