View: 234|Reply: 5

SER7 Linux BIOS ERROR

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts |Read mode
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.GPP5.RTL8], AE_NOT_FOUND (20230628/dswload2-162)

As for me, I tried to install Linux system on brand-new SER7 got this bios error under the latest Arch Linux system (20240601), and also Kubuntu system (24.04LTS). I guess the same problem would appears on other Linux distribution with the latest kernel.

In Arch Linux, this error blocked the installation process so that it can not be installed. In Kubuntu 24.04 LTS, I managed to install Kubuntu under safe graphic, but after installation, SER7 failed to enter Kubuntu everytime unless enter recovery mode first.

I think it's a BIOS problem that causes serious problem on Linux System(not Windows).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Hello there,
you can refer to this tutorial of how to install the Linux on the Beelink:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsi-Tmaz80
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
tuiguang6 replied at 2024-06-24 17:45
Hello there,
you can refer to this tutorial of how to install the Linux on the Beelink:https://www.y ...

Hey, I'm here issuing a BIOS problem of SER7 for the latest Linux, not asking noob basic tips like 'how to install Linux'. Please be professional if you are an official technical supporter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
I have this same bios error on Debian 12 but dswload2-162 is dated older at 20220331.
Just keeping you company

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Just doing some searching and it seems that most of these ACPI errors are caused because the vendor didn't provide the information to the kernel and can be ignored.
Try this one for any critical errors:
journalctl -b -p3

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
HI Please try some solutions here : 

BIOS Update:
Please send us a picture of SN number and BIOS version to our email .
So we would be able to know whether it is latest BIOS and send you files accordingly.
Here`s how to check your BIOS version:
https://mega.nz/#F!yuISGa4I!s1bQQajKwnsEdzjqq4nopQ 

Kernel Parameter Adjustment:
During Linux startup, you can try resolving ACPI-related issues by adjusting kernel parameters. For instance, try adding parameters like acpi=off or acpi=strict during boot to see if you can bypass the error and boot into the system.

Disabling ACPI:
If other methods prove ineffective, you can consider completely disabling ACPI. While this may disable some power management features, it can sometimes resolve boot issues. Add parameters like noacpi or acpi=off during boot to disable ACPI.

These are potential solutions to address ACPI BIOS errors encountered during Linux installation and startup.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list