View: 829|Reply: 2

Mini S12 Pro Boot to DOS?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-06-15 22:02:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have the Alder Lake N100 Mini S12 with American Megatrends BIOS "ADLNV104" "02/06/2023 15:50:05".

I need to be able to boot to a USB with Bootable DOS or FreeDOS installed on it. I cannot seem to get the BIOS Settings correct to get this to work. I have multiple bootable DOS USB sticks, created using multiple methods. One is using Rufus to create a DOS bootable USB stick, but all USB sticks have the same failure method.

I have made sure Secure boot is disabled
I have enabled CSM support

CSM16 Module Version 07.84
GateA20 Acive: Upon Request
Int19 Trap Response: < I tried "Postponed" and "Immediate">
HDD Connection Order: Adjust <other option is "Keep">
Boot Option Filter: "UEFI and Legacy"<I also tried 'UEFI Only" and "Legacy Only"
Option ROM execution > Storage: <I tried "UEFI" and "Legacy">

Boot Mode Select: I tried "UEFI" and "Legacy", while also changind the Option ROM execution to the same value.

If I set the Boot Mode Select to UEFI, then the USB keys with bootable DOS are listed, but selecting them bounces immediately back to the list. If I set the Boot Mode Select to Legacy, then the two USB keys with Bootable DOS are listed, but selecting them shows a black screen with white underscore like the DOS Cursor, but NOT blinking. Nothing happens after that.

Any help in configuring this is much appreciated. I don't know if a BIOS update can help me with this, nor do I know where to get the legitimate BIOS updates.

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-06-18 10:07:56 | Show all posts
Hi there,

Did you select Bootable USB as the first option in the boot option ?

You can also try to update  the BIOS to 106.
Please check your PM about the BIOS.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-08-07 21:37:20 | Show all posts
Hi BobLemur,

Did you ever get your mini S12 to boot DOS? I was interested in doing this as well but couldn't get it to work.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list