View: 155|Reply: 1

GK mini ubuntu server

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-03-23 12:59:58 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone!
I purchased a your GK mini V5 PC to install the Kodi media center on it, installed Ubuntu server 20.04, configured everything and launched it, everything worked fine except that every 10-15 minutes my screen turned off, regardless of whether anything was being played by the media center or not. I tried to reinstall Ubuntu and encountered the following problem: after selecting the installation type, nothing happens, the USB light blinks for about 3-5 minutes and that’s it, the system is not installed. The question is what can be checked or configured in the BIOS to install the system.

PS I tried resetting the settings through the button on the panel.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Hi  there,

Here are some things you can check or configure in the BIOS to troubleshoot the system installation problem:
Check the boot order: Ensure that the USB drive with the installation media is set as the first boot option.
Verify power management settings: Look for options related to screen timeout or power saving modes and disable them if necessary.
Disable secure boot if enabled: Some systems may require disabling this feature for installation.
Check for any error messages or logs in the BIOS itself for further clues.
Ensure the USB drive is properly prepared and usable. If the issue persists, you may also consider trying other operating systems .
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list