View: 305|Reply: 2

SEI12 Freezing/Going to Sleep After Minutes of Booting

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-02-26 12:09:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by uscmigs at 2024-02-26 12:12

Hi, I have had an SEI 12 for almost a year and have been running Ubuntu 22.02 with no issues.  I decided to reimage the device with a newer version of Ubuntu and since then the device will boot and be usable for 10 minutes and then freeze.  Upon trying to hard reset it, the device looks to go into a sleep state that I can't get out of.  I need to leave the device unplugged and powered off for 24+ hours before I can re-use it.  I've tried to reimage other Linux-based OS's, and OEM Linux install and all have the same results of freezing after a couple of minutes.

I love the device and has been working great, but not sure how to resolve the issue.

Model: SEI12-A-32500VK0W64PRO
SN: 1235U3EH20548

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-02-26 12:11:33 | Show all posts
SN:1235U3EH20548
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-02-27 09:26:35 | Show all posts
Hi there,

Don't worry, the PC has one-year warranty. Please send us a picture of the purchase record. Here are some potential solutions:

①Please take out the RAM ,please clean the contacts of the RAM with a rubber. Here is the tutorial https://mega.nz/file/XqZX0TIR#_D ... hBpQ959cg5U3Yw4u1Cc**

②Please take out one RAM and leave the other one in it to test if the RAM is defective or not. You can also use Memtest software to test the RAM.

③Please repeatedly press delete key as soon as you turn on the PC, go to BIOS. Please send us a picture of the Main page, we will check if you need to update the BIOS.**

④Please change another power supply.

⑤Overheating. If your PC is overheating, please check if the fan spins. You can also turn off the turbo boost. Go to control panel ---power option---change to High performance--- change plan setting---advanced setting ---processor power management--- change both 100% to 99% , click save.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list