View: 307|Reply: 3

SER5 5560 unable to boot from USB

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-02-23 00:11:12 | Show all posts |Read mode
All,

When starting the machine I entered F7 to get into the Boot options menu , then I was able to select USB  .
I tried installing Linux Mint from USB , but this failed after a while  ( the installation started normally)
I tried to install from the USB a second time, but then I was not able anymore to select   USB   ( after entering F7 )  ,   so because there was no ability to select USB,  I entered the BIOS   and was able there to select  USB as the first  Boot Option #1  ,   but still the system restarts directly from the HD into windows.

What can I do , to be able to boot from the USB again, like the first time ?
I already restored all "Optimized Defaults" in the BIOS , but still it seems different from the first time .

Any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Marc

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-02-23 17:22:46 | Show all posts
hello Marc, thanks for your letter, Please unplug the power supply and HDMI cable. Please try to hit the hole of "CLR CMOS" with a needle or a pin for about 5-10 seconds. Ten minutes later, plug the power supply and HDMI cable, turn on the PC again.  and pls go into bios then do a restore default,  then pls check if that could work.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-02-25 18:46:57 | Show all posts
Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you mentioned above, but no luck.
I am still unable to boot from the USB .
I also notice that in the File Explorer , the USB drive is not available, so I cannot copy or write files from/to the USB drive from this pc .
But the USB drives can be used for the mouse and keyboard .
Any idea what goes wrong here ?

kind regards,
Marc

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-02-26 13:49:22 | Show all posts
hello,how about you test it with other usb drive? or change the usb format to see if it could be recognized?
thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list