View: 280|Reply: 3

EQ12 not booting / no video output

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-02-22 02:34:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I have two EQ12s that do the same exact thing which is no video output from either of the hdmi ports.  I'm not sure if it is my luck or something but I thought the first unit I bought was possibly defective so I ordered another one because things happen and I wanted to try this mini-pc out for a opnsense router.

Here's a list of things I've tried to get video output from both of these units:

* Used different monitors that are known good working monitors w/ different hdmi cables (the ones included and previously purchased hdmi cables)
* Tried to use the clr cmos button - more than once...
* Connected a keyboard (at all times) and pressed all the key combinations to try and trigger a bios screen or at least the boot screen - nothing seems to trigger any of this to help try and get any kind of display

I did not attempt to open it up yet because I'd like to avoid doing so to make the machine work but if need be, I can certainly open it up and reseat the RAM / NVMe drive, maybe this needs to be done to actually pull the CMOS battery itself?  Just find it odd that I purchased, not  1 but 2 units and they both show the exact same issue.

The units do turn on as in terms of the actual box shows that the power is on but nothing absolutely nothing is displayed on any monitor.  While the list is not that long, I'm not sure what else to try at this point. So, I am hoping either someone from the support team or another forum member can point me in the right direction to get these boxes working - otherwise unfortunately I'll need to return back to Amazon and my time on one of them to return is coming very soon.

Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-02-22 17:26:06 | Show all posts
Don't worry, the PC has one-year warranty. Please send us a picture of SN on the bottom of the PC and a picture of the purchase record. Here are some potential solutions: First,please unplug the power supply and HDMI cable. Please press the pinhole of "CLR CMOS" with a pin for about 10 seconds.

Ten minutes later, plug the power supply and HDMI cable, turn on the PC again. If the problem persists, please try other solutions:

①Please change another HDMI cable or power supply.

②Please take out the RAM ,please clean the contacts of the RAM with a rubber. Here is the tutorial https://mega.nz/file/XqZX0TIR#_D ... hBpQ959cg5U3Yw4u1Cc or  [https://mega.nz/file/7nwDmCaL#Uy ... P9gt2Br3xyCG1SCdbrA](https://mega.nz/file/7nwDmCaL#Uy ... P9gt2Br3xyCG1SCdbrA)

③ Please take out one RAM and leave the other one in it to test if the RAM is defective or not. When testing, please turn on the PC, and wait about one minute, if you can go to the system, Please repeatedly press delete key as soon as your restart the PC, go to BIOS. Go to Boot option, enable fast boot, press F4 to save.

④Please check if the fan spins?

⑤Please tell us if the Keyboard light is on ?(Very important). If the keyboard light is on, it should go to the system, we need to troubleshoot HDMI or the monitor.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-02-24 05:41:32 | Show all posts
After doing the clr cmos for 10 seconds, then waiting a 10 minutes (actually it was over 10 minutes because I got side tracked), the machine now boots and a I get video output.  

I'll still be returning my second one I bought as there is probably nothing wrong with it but I don't need a second one as I bought it thinking the first one (the one I just got working) was dead.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-02-26 17:43:21 | Show all posts
JT21 replied at 2024-02-24 05:41
After doing the clr cmos for 10 seconds, then waiting a 10 minutes (actually it was over 10 minutes  ...

I'm very happy that your PC is back to normal.
Contact us anytime if you have any questions

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list