View: 420|Reply: 3

SEI8 8279U - extra 2TB SATA SSD not showing

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-27 02:39:37 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a Crucial SATA 2TB SSD, and tried connecting to internal SATA connection of my SEI8 i5 8279U.  The drive is not showing up as a drive, or in Windows Disk Managament to format. Is there a setting in the BIOS that I have to change, or do I need to update my BIOS or something?  Pictures are attached. Thanks.

thumbnail2.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-01-29 17:37:59 | Show all posts
Hi there,

① Please double check if the SATA cable is intact and firmly attached.
② Please change the SATA SSD partition format to MBR.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-03-02 15:23:39 | Show all posts
I'm having the same problem.  I installed SATA SSD card.  In "Disc Management" I don't see the new SSD card.  

The SATA cable is firmly attached.  

What does "change the SATA SSD partition format to MBR" mean?
2.png

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-03-05 09:21:14 | Show all posts
Master Boot Record (MBR) disks use the standard BIOS partition table. GUID partition table (GPT) disks use the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). MBR disks don't support more than four partitions on each disk. The MBR partition method isn't recommended for disks larger than 2 terabytes (TB).
To complete the disk conversion from the command line with the diskpart disk partition process, follow these steps.

Back up or move the data on the GPT disk prior to conversion.

Open an elevated command prompt: select and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.

At the prompt, enter diskpart to initiate the disk partition process.

Prepare the GPT disk for conversion by cleaning (deleting) any partitions or volumes.

Note

If the GPT disk doesn't have any partitions or volumes, skip to the last step to apply the conversion.

At the DISKPART prompt, enter list disk. Make a note of the GPT disk number that you want to convert to MBR format.

At the DISKPART prompt, enter select disk <disk-number>, where <disk-number> is the GPT disk number to convert.

At the DISKPART prompt, enter clean to delete all partitions and volumes on the disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, enter convert mbr to convert the GPT disk to the MBR partition format.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list