View: 271|Reply: 2

USB issue with SER6 MAX 7735HS

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-18 00:45:32 | Show all posts |Read mode

Hi,

My external storage devices (1x SATA SSD and 1x SATA HDD) are both recognized as USB 2 devices instead of USB 3 by my SER6 MAX 7735HS with Windows 11 (checked with USB Device Tree Viewer utility). I tried them on another laptop with Windows 10 and they work fine.

All drivers are up to date (USB drivers, AMD chipset drivers).

I tried to uninstall/reinstall the USB root hub.

I updated the BIOS today to v28.

I changed to different ports with different cables.

Still stuck with USB 2.0...

Am I missing anything here?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-18 22:00:01 | Show all posts
Had the same exact issue through the front USB4 (C) port. Drove me nuts. I had to have the cable plugged in a specific orientation for it to be picked up as USB 3. If I reversed the cable it was USB 2. It is a defect on the port itself in the unit.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-01-18 14:22:06 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Could you please send us a picture of SN on the bottom of the PC ?
Here are possible solutions:
1.Change USB port and cable: Try plugging the USB flash drive into a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes certain USB ports can have compatibility issues. Additionally, using a different USB cable (if applicable) can also rule out any issues with the cable itself.

2.Please uncheck the save energy in the device manager---universal serial bus controller--USB hub---properties--power management---uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power"

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list