View: 297|Reply: 3

SER5 doesn´t Power On

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-15 23:02:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi there, my SER5 stopped powering on. I´ve been using it for more than 1 year without any problems but suddenly yesterday the power on button stopped working. After some tries finally today the power on button worked normally and the computer started. When I restarted through Windows everything worked fine but then I tried to shut it down and the came back - the power on button doesn´t work. Any hints ?  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-16 18:04:45 | Show all posts
Hello there,
here is the solutions;
1.Please change another HDMI cable or power supply.
2.Please unplug the power supply and HDMI cable. Please try to hit the hole of "CLR CMOS" with a needle or a pin for about 10 seconds.Ten minutes later, plug the power supply and HDMI cable, then turn on the PC after 10 minutes
3.There might be something wrong with the hard ware components.Please take out the SSD and RAM and then put them back , make sure they are installed properly.
Also please clean the gold finger with a rubber.Here is the tutorial  https://mega.nz/file/XqZX0TIR#_D ... hBpQ959cg5U3Yw4u1Cc
If it still doesn’t work, please try to replace SSD and RAM or put the SSD or RAM to other devices to test if they work.
4. You can take out one of the RAM and test whether one of the RAM is damaged.
Hope it can help you!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-01-18 19:48:55 | Show all posts
I noticed that if the computer stays disconnected from the power for some time it powers on normally. Can it be a bios update requirement or a damage component ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-19 11:07:31 | Show all posts
hello, it might be a loose power button, how about you open the box and then adjust the power button position to see if that could work, thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list