View: 402|Reply: 1

SEi10 i5 10th gen shuts down after a few minutes to a few hours

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-31 22:46:14 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have been going back and forth with support by email for a while now, seeing if anyone has ran into this and has a fix. Would search the forums but I don't see a search (how do you a support forum without a search???)

Have had it for about 10 months, this started happening randomly around 5 months. Then lately it is happening much mroe often. System is used as a plex server. Now I can hardly remote to it for more than 5 minutes without it shutting off and having to have the power supply unplugged for a few minutes to get it to even turn back on.

Support was talking about the fan might be bad, but there is no fan in it. Opening it up, it just has the 2.5 enclosure on the lid, and then the motherboard with the ram and .m2 installed. I feel like it is overheating, but hard to tell when it just shuts off. One of the most frustrating computer purchases I can remember.

Has anyone ran into this and fixed it without having to send it off for weeks? I have a feeling that is what is going to be the next solution offered.
410969476_1097232964612910_1597260794586620008_n.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-01-02 19:29:04 | Show all posts
Hello there ,

Sorry for the trouble.
① You can click FORUM on the right top, then type in the keyword to search the related posts.
② Please take out one RAM and leave the other one in it to test if the RAM is defective or not. You can also use Memtest software to test the RAM
③The CPU fan is on the other side of the motherboard.  
④ Go to control panel ---power option---change to High performance--- change plan setting---advanced setting ---processor power management--- change both 100% to 99% , click save.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list