View: 493|Reply: 3

SER6 won't STAY shut down

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-24 07:11:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm having a curious problem with my SER6 pro.  When I shut it down, it turns itself back on in a minute.  It does this no matter how it's shut down.  I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I recently got WOL working with this unit, and that some network signal is causing this, but it happens even with the network cable unplugged.  Does anybody know of an Intel network card or Windows 11 advanced setting that could explain this behavior?  There's nothing on the web about this phenomenon -- only the issue of the computer not shutting down at all.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-25 17:36:23 | Show all posts
Hello there,
could you send me the SN on the bottom of the PC?
so that I can confirm the model of your machine.
here is the solution link:https://buildin.ai/lizong/99808066-fb08-4cc8-ab0c-4364731bbe37
Hope it can help you!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-26 08:05:13 | Show all posts
Edited by jlevin1 at 2023-12-26 08:09
tuiguang6 replied at 2023-12-25 17:36
Hello there,
could you send me the SN on the bottom of the PC?
so that I can confirm the model of yo ...

A photo of the serial number, a copy of the sales receipt,and a photo of the BIOS screen are in the attached PDF file.

This is a firmware issue. I did a system restore to a point before the auto restarts began happening, and they continued to happen.  I tried a different power supply and they still happened.  They also happened with thenetwork cable disconnected and nothing BUT the network cable connected (usingremote access).

Adding to my consternation, this unit was a replacement forthe original one on the order (SN A77353LH10435) that crashed after a month ofuse, locking itself into the BIOS setup and refusing to boot.  This is the second time that I have spent more than a week customizing this model with licensed software like Norton 360, MS Office 365 and Visual Studio 2022.  I really, REALLY don’t want to have to do it again.

If you have a technician who would like to examine themachine, I have Teamviewer on it.  I also have extensive experience working with remote support technicians from all over the world.  Hopefully, this is somethingt hat won’t defy a local fix.

Since this is a warranty issue, please continue the dialogue using Amazon messaging for the product.  I hope that this second failure will entitle me to priority service this time around.

Beelink warranty.pdf

283.58 KB, Downloads: 17

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-26 10:41:39 | Show all posts
hello, sorry for the trouble. about this issue, pls contact our after-sales email,   Support-PC@bee-link.com     then we could send you a potential solutions. or we could check if there is a newer bios for you, pls attach this chat link when you send us the email, then we could know your machine issue, thanks.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list