View: 371|Reply: 2

Mini S12 Disable Secure Boot?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-20 12:19:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
Sorry need help!  I just sent this thing to myself, configured it for my older dad which worked awesome, then shipped it to him.  3 weeks later he installed something from a scam...  Tried to uninstall and scan everything, and I think the AV scan quarantined and system file and won't boot Win11, every Win 11 recovery attempt I could try with him using facetime failed.  He doesn't have access to any install media, and only has a Mac laptop or really old Win 7 32 bit laptop.  

I was able to remote into his Win 7 32 bit laptop.  The MS media creator tool doesn't seem to work on Win7/32bit, so I downloaded the Win11 Home ISO and tried to create a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus 3.22 (last supported version for Win7).  

We tried to boot and the usb drive didn't seem to exist, could only boot to UEFI shell.  I was too busy to continue, so looking to try again tomorrow.  After a little searching, Rufus may require disabling Secure Boot???  

Can anyone give me where this is located in the BIOS to try to explain to a 75 year old guy who can't left or right click properly?  Again this PC is not in front of me and having him trying to facetime me is hard enough. LOL

Or does anyone know creating a flashable USB drive for Win11 with an old version of Rufus 3.22 on a Win 7 32bit PC even works for this?

I may need him to ship it back to me...  Please help lol!  Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-20 17:13:36 | Show all posts
You can set it in Security page in BIOS.
Just like belowing photo.

安全启动 (2).jpg
安全启动.jpg
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-20 17:14:38 | Show all posts
Also you can send us a photo of SN on the bottom of your machine, so that we can send you corresponding system file to reinstall.

Looking forward to your feedback so that we can help you better.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list