View: 676|Reply: 7

WOL impossible with SER6 pro?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-17 07:38:08 | Show all posts |Read mode

I have been trying to get the Teamviewer Wake-on-LAN feature operational for my SER6 pro, and need to know if this is even possible with this unit. There is a lot involved with setting up this feature, which requires modification of your router settings, configuration of your network card, and a static IP for the unit to be turned on for starters.  

It also requires configuration of your BIOS, and this is where I have reached a dead end.  I cannot find any setting for this in the SER6 BIOS.  The only documentation Beelink publishes regarding WOL is for the network card of a different machine – not a word about any BIOS settings.

So am I out of luck?  Is there simply no way that the unit can be configured for WOL?  Nobody has ever done it?  The motherboard is simply incompatible?  I do not want to continue with this task if there is no hope of ever completing it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-01-09 02:41:10 | Show all posts
If you're reading this, it means that my third attempt to post the resolution to this thread over a two-week period has finally succeeded.  WOL definitely CAN be configured for the SER6.

If you want to do this, I suggest that you update the BIOS to the latest version.  My unit – purchased in October – was six versions old.  WOL may work with an older version, but the latest one – P5C8V28 – is what I have in my working unit.  You can find your version by booting to the BIOS or by typing MSINFO32 into the Windows run box.

There are some key BIOS settings that you must make sure are right.  On the initial screen, choose "advanced" on the top menu.

Under “ACPI settings”:
        Enable ACPI Auto Configuration -> Disabled
        Enable Hibernation -> Disabled
        ACPI Sleep State -> Suspend Disabled
Under “AMD CBS”:
        Under “AC Power Loss Options”:
                AC Loss Control -> Always On

As for the Intel network card, these advanced settings must be set as follows under Device Manager:
        Wake on Magic Packet -> Enabled
        Wake on Magic Packet from SS -> Enabled
        Wake on Pattern Match -> Disabled (important)

With these BIOS and network card settings in hand, I was able to successfully complete the Teamviewer manual for implementing Wake-on-Lan.  It works perfectly for me with the BIOS and settings that I've detailed.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-18 00:38:22 | Show all posts
Do you want to set up auto-start from BIOS?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-18 02:33:49 | Show all posts
Poinciana replied at 2023-12-18 00:38
Do you want to set up auto-start from BIOS?

I have AC power loss set to "always on." if that's what you're asking.  What I'm hoping to accomplish is to enable Teamviewer's WOL feature, so that I can turn the computer on over the Internet.  I've followed the setup instructions carefully re routers, static IP addresses and network cards, but I'm at a loss to follow the instructions about enabling WOL in the BIOS -- I simply can't find a setting for it anywhere.  I just want to confirm that WOL is impossible with SER6, as it appears to be.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-18 09:28:50 | Show all posts
Edited by jlevin1 at 2023-12-18 09:36

To make my question more succinct:  Do I have any hope of following these instructions with a SER6?

Capture.JPG

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-18 10:10:22 | Show all posts
hello, pls find the tutorial for wake on lan below, Hope it helps, Have a nice day!
Wake on LAN function tutorial_English.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-20 02:22:43 | Show all posts
Edited by jlevin1 at 2023-12-20 05:42

This is exactly what I was referring to in my initial post when I mentioned that “the only documentation Beelink publishes for WOL is for the network card of a different machine.”  My SER6 has a Beelink-undocumented Intel network card, and my WOL settings are below.

I cannot get the wakeup to work, although the option to wake up toggles on the remote machine depending on the shutdown status of the SER6.  I am trying to track down the culprit, and the most likely explanation at this point is that since the SER6 BIOS has no WOL settings, WOL is not even an option for it.  Can anyone disprove this hypothesis?  Has anyone ever successfully implemented WOL on a SER6?
Capture.JPG

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-20 09:24:26 | Show all posts
Hello there, you do not have to enable it in bios, may I know both of your machine is on the same internet? and pls the one that was waken up to connect the internet by ethernet port. and what the waking software you use?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list