Mini S12 - Moving Windows license to SATA SSD

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-03 08:32:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by RickieES at 2023-12-03 08:32

Hi,

I've just bought a Bee-link S Mini 12 Pro (Intel N100, 16 GBytes, 512 GB SSD NVMe). I've added it a 960 GB SATA SSD in the spare bay, and through a non-destructive test benchmark with a Live Linux session, I've confirmed that, as expected, the NVMe is twice as fast as the SATA SSD (983 vs. 503 MB/s).

Since Linux is my primary OS, I'd like to move the Windows 11 partition from the NVMe to a equivalent partition in the SATA SSD. I haven't started nor registered yet Windows 11 (I've only booted once the PC, and it was with the live Linux image). So, should it suffice if I try to migrate the partition from one disk to another using CloneZilla, or do I need to take any special action? For instance:

- is it better if I first boot in Windows and complete the registration process, only then to migrate the partition?
- is it better if I first migrate the partition and then boot and register Windows?
- or perhaps none of the above will work and I need other migration path (perhaps forgetting about the current Windows installation and instead sending the serial number to get a Windows 11 Pro license and image download instructions)?

BTW, Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamong Edge image (kernel 6.1.2, IIRC) couldn't detect the WiFi and BT devices. I've read other thread with the fix; I plan to install with wired LAN and check if updates fixes the issue automatically. I will report back once I do it.

TIA

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-04 16:06:54 | Show all posts
Here are the steps you can follow:

Connect both the NVMe SSD and SATA SSD to your Bee-link S Mini 12 Pro.
Boot into the live Linux session.
Open CloneZilla and select the disk-to-disk option for cloning.
Choose the NVMe SSD as the source disk and the SATA SSD as the destination disk.
Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the cloning process.
Once the cloning is complete, make sure to set the SATA SSD as the primary boot device in the BIOS.
Restart your computer and boot from the SATA SSD.
Windows 11 should now be running from the SATA SSD
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-05 04:07:04 | Show all posts
tuiguang16 replied at 2023-12-04 16:06
Here are the steps you can follow:

Connect both the NVMe SSD and SATA SSD to your Bee-link S Mini 1 ...

Thank you very much! As soon as I finish following your step-by-step recipe, I will report back so others can know without having to ask.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-05 16:15:25 | Show all posts
Ok, Looking forward to your feedback, have a nice day!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-28 03:07:47 | Show all posts
I replied yesterday, but I can't find it anywhere, so I'm going to repeat myself (excuse me if the previous message is waiting for moderation).

The step-by-step recipe that tuiguan16 gave worked perfectly...well, until I messed it up during Windows 11 initial procedures. I got to the "Create or provide a Microsoft account", which I didn't want to, and as I couldn't find the way to skip it, I decided to turn the system off and get back later... After that, the system entered repair mode and I wasn't able to rescue it.

In the meanwhile, I fought with Windows also in two other systems. After struggling and finally recovering them, I've decided that I don't want Windows 11 (nor 10) having the chance to break up my Linux booting sequence, so I intend to install Windows 11 inside a VirtualBox machine. I guess I can send a private message with the S/N of my Mini PC S12 and  get the license number to legitimate the VM installation, am I right?

I have a bootable USB made with the Microsoft supplied tool, but I've seen that there is a Beelink image. Should I use this latter instead?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-28 15:46:51 | Show all posts
Hello, please send us a photo of SN on the bottom of your machine, so that I can send you the Win11 pro system file and the product key.

Hope it can help you and have a nice day!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-30 07:34:00 | Show all posts
Hi,

I tried to send the photo with a direct message to you. Apparently, I can't embed photos in my messages, so I put instead a link to the image in my public Dropbox folder. Did you get the message? If you can't retrieve the photo, please let me know.

TIA

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-02 16:56:55 | Show all posts
Here is the Win11 pro system file-----https://mega.nz/file/umxF1bbY#r5 ... vi3_oihOD2iqqunPOJ4
Here is the tutorial-----https://beelink.oss-cn-hongkong. ... ystem%20Tutoria.pdf

About the product key, I have sent it into the PM, please have a check.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2024-01-03 20:50:22 | Show all posts
tuiguang16 replied at 2024-01-02 16:56
Here is the Win11 pro system file-----https://mega.nz/file/umxF1bbY#r5VtTGsz3yX1ESIaJU-W5bsHvi3_oihO ...

Thank you very much.

I've tried downloading the file twice and I get a corrupt header message while trying to unzip it. Could you hand me an MD5 or SHA1 hash so I can check if the problem lies in my download?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-04 18:20:28 | Show all posts
Sorry, we do not have the MD5 or SHA1 hash, but we will test this link for you, please wait for some time, thanks.
And please copy this link to the browser  and download. You do NOT need to register or pay the service.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list