View: 577|Reply: 5

New SEi12 viruses? Unable to restore

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-02 00:58:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Mander at 2023-12-02 19:40

I have a brand new SEi12 that I am trying to set up for the first time. I was able to get it set up with Windows running, but Windows Defender gave me a long list of virus warnings and was unable to complete the recommended actions. So as suggested by Windows I tried the offline scan.

This resulted in an unresponsive computer (no USB or HDMI signals), so after leaving it for a while I got into the recovery mode through restarting it several times. However, so far start-up repair didn't work, I was unable to reset it by downloading from the cloud, and resetting and reinstalling from the hard drive resulted in it rebooting over and over without starting Windows. I have just tried resetting it again, but now it will not allow me to set it up with a personal account, only "work or school".

Edit to say that I went through the reset process again, and it did not work well. The screen was blinking nonstop as it tried to start explorer.exe and there is a logo on the bottom right for "Windows 11 Enterprise", so it would seem that it has the wrong system image embedded.

-------

Edit again to say that I finally got it working. I downloaded a copy of the Windows ISO using their tool, but instead of using the creator tool I used a program called Rufus and set it to check my USB stick for bad blocks. This takes forever so leave it running overnight. This morning it seems to have installed just fine, and when I logged into my Microsoft account the license key had been saved. I ran the virus scanner right after that and nothing came up. So no idea what happened there but it seems to be fixed for now.

Also I had to manually install all the drivers, but you can download them from the support section.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-12-04 10:29:36 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Thanks for your sharing, I think it is a false virus waring, this kind of thing happens on windows.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-16 04:59:18 | Show all posts
Support-03 replied at 2023-12-04 10:29
Hello there,

Thanks for your sharing, I think it is a false virus waring, this kind of thing happe ...

I don't think it actually was a false warning, on further work. After this incident I also had a trojan on my other laptop which took me multiple tools and days of running scans to eradicate. I also got an email from my IP telling me that I had a problem, so it must have been an actual program trying to reach out from my network.

How both machines were infected I don't know, but was an incorrect image somehow installed on my BeeLink machine? They both seem to be OK now but perhaps something weird happened in my case.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-12-18 17:24:24 | Show all posts
Mander replied at 2023-12-16 04:59
I don't think it actually was a false warning, on further work. After this incident I also had a t ...

Hello there,

I partially agree with you.
But it’s also possible that the machine was infected through a software vulnerability or other means.

In any case, it’s good that you were able to detect and remove the Trojan. To prevent future infections, make sure that you keep your operating system and all applications up to date with the latest security patches, and avoid downloading or opening attachments from unknown or suspicious sources. It’s also a good idea to have a reputable antivirus program installed and to perform regular scans of your system.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-20 21:53:23 | Show all posts
hi your content is so good and helpful  and i appreciate you

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator