View: 771|Reply: 3

Adding sata ssd to Ser6 Max

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-27 03:19:43 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by hkok at 2023-11-27 03:25

Hi all - The spec says the storage drive slot (not including the expansion board) on the bottom of the machine is replaceable with a 2.5" 7mm SATA slot. I would assume this can be install as internal hard disk. Does that mean we have to call Beelink to buy that or we can just install it as-is since the image only displays a M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0?  Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-27 04:23:35 | Show all posts
Hi, I just got and SER6 MAX, the converter is not included with the unit but from the picture I saw it is a ribbon that connect in the NVME Slot, I would not trust a connection like this over my data, I am not saying it is not good or working but I prefer genuine connection.

I would suggest you to get a cheap SATA to USB 3.0 adapter and connect it externally and leave the NVME Slot available for one since your transfer will be much faster once you upgrade your storage

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-11-27 04:53:41 | Show all posts
Edited by hkok at 2023-11-27 04:55

Probably I'll just buy 4TB NVMe instead as it sounds like the cable connection is for an external connection only. If I need to use external disks, I'll just get USB drives or have this to connect to a NAS.  Anyone has any problem with adding second NVMe storage?  Will this addition obstruct airflows?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-29 14:55:54 | Show all posts
hkok replied at 2023-11-27 04:53
Probably I'll just buy 4TB NVMe instead as it sounds like the cable connection is for an external co ...

I have no problem with my 2nd internal 2TB NVME, but keep in mind the machine only supports 2TB (and not more) drives. This is also valid for a SATA disk that you would connect with this cable. Only USB external drives can be more than 2TB....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list