View: 353|Reply: 1

Weird behavior

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-15 03:57:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,

I'm posting this for posterity in case someone runs into this.

I have two drives mounted in my SEi8.  A 1TB SSD and a 1TB SATA hard disk.  The SATA hard disk shows as Disk 0 and the SSD as Disk 1 in Windows Disk Manager.

I had to remove the SSD and the motherboard to flip it over and take pictures of the fan for a warranty replacement.  When I put everything back together Windows got stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop.  Nothing I tried would get it to boot until I brought up the Boot Manager by hitting F7 and I selected the Micron SSD and it booted.  When I tried to restart it went back to the loop.  I went into the BIOS and noticed that it was trying to boot off of the SATA hard disk, and the SSD was NOT listed as a UEFI device in the BIOS but it WAS listed in the boot menu.  I opened the SEi8 back up, removed the connection the the SATA hard disk, and it rebooted fine without the loop.  I then went into the BIOS and was able to see the SSD listed as a UEFI device so I selected it for boot.  Then I shutdown, reattached the SATA hard disk, and everything started up fine.  

I'm going to most likely have to do this again when I get the replacement fan; so I wanted to spread the knowledge in case anyone else runs into this.

Cheers,

RussellLB

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-11-16 11:25:36 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Thanks for your sharing.
Cheers.
Reply Support Not support