Return to list New
View: 1336|Reply: 10

SER7 WiFi poor signal?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-04 04:32:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, just unpacked my new SER7. Normally on all other units, mobile, laptop, etc, I get almost full wifi signal. However on the SER7 it seems extremely poor signal. Anyone else encounter this? Did you solve it? Thinking of buying a USB WiFi dongle to check.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-04 10:21:36 | Show all posts
hello, sorry for the trouble. about this issue, you could try to update the driver and unplug the network card and then re-insert it physically to see if that could work firstly. thanks
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-04 11:13:46 | Show all posts
and could you pls let us know the distance between the router and your pc? and could you pls test What is the broadband speed? and pls let us know the software you used. then we could test it to see what is the issue, thanks a lot.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-06 08:04:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have exact the same problem. Beelink support by e-mail sent me a Bios update and now the wifi signal is worst than before. Now then will send me a new wifi card, but I don't know if this will solve the problem. This is my second beelink with problem. It's a little difficult to trust again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-06 08:09:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
To use the mini pc while I'm waiting the new board, I've put the mini pc on a support, to elevate it and pointing the top of mini Pc in direction to the wifi router, in this position it's possible to get more signal, enough to do my job. The Bluetooth signal is poor too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-06 08:10:52 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
If you could, hang it behind the monitor, maybe it work better. It will be in the position I'm talking above.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-12-01 07:54:54 | Show all posts
I brought my SER7 and placed it 3 meters from my router, then it worked great, so I know at least the strength of the signal went through.

I then went on to buy a stronger router to see if it would reach the original destination (where all my other units worked fine with the old router), and still the signal was really crap, it lost signal every 5 - 15 seconds.

I then went on to buy a TP/link MESH system, and still it didn't work.

So I resorted to drag a cable through the house, sigh. Back to basic but it works.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-14 09:44:57 | Show all posts
JorgeAmadeu replied at 2023-11-06 08:04
I have exact the same problem. Beelink support by e-mail sent me a Bios update and now the wifi sign ...

I have a similar issue with poor Wifi signal with the SER7. The download speeds are very slow.

Did you happen to receive the replacement wifi board/card yet? Did that solve the issue with WIFI?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2023-12-14 10:09:28 | Show all posts
Rocketship replied at 2023-12-14 09:44
I have a similar issue with poor Wifi signal with the SER7. The download speeds are very slow.

D ...

Same here.
I tried another wifi m.2 card but couldnt solve the problem.
External Wifi antenna works fine so internal Wifi anntena is the factor I think.

SER7 doesnt have any metal plates to isolate wifi antenna between main board and the antenna.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-14 12:55:33 | Show all posts
Thank you for sharing your experience as it means that I am not alone experiencing this WIFI issue. I've spent countless hours tryingf to update drivers, reset CMOS, etc - but the issue still remains.

Out of curiosity, What m.2 wifi card did you trying? I'm thinking of trying out an INTEL AX210NGW  wifi card as a last-ditch effort, but I think you're right that the SER7 has a design flaw that causes these horrible WIFI download speeds

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list