View: 424|Reply: 1

SEi8 8259U: Ubuntu 22.04 screen and USB peripherals shut down after login screen

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-26 23:09:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by rmam at 2023-10-28 01:58

I've just installed Ubuntu 22.04 on my Beelink SEi8 8259U, but whenever I boot the machine and I'm shown the login screen, after a few seconds the monitor and USB peripherals are shut down.

Also interesting, I've noticed that this problem doesn't happen if I boot the machine into recovery mode and afterwards I resume booting.

The USB peripherals are plugged into one of the USB sockets in the back, next to the HDMI sockets.

Does anyone have any idea on what might be the root cause of this problem and how to fix this?

edit: fixed Ubuntu's version number.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-10-27 09:52:32 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1.Update your system: Make sure that your Ubuntu installation is up to date by running the following command in the terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
2.Check power settings: It’s possible that your system is set to automatically turn off the monitor and USB peripherals after a certain period of inactivity. To check and adjust the power settings, go to “Settings” > “Power” or “Power & Brightness” and look for options related to screen timeout or suspend.

3.Verify graphics drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause issues with the display. You can try to update your graphics drivers by going to “Software & Updates” > “Additional Drivers” and selecting the recommended driver if available.

4.Disable USB autosuspend: Sometimes, the USB autosuspend feature can cause issues with certain devices. You can try disabling it by editing the power management configuration file. Open a terminal and run the following command:

sudo nano /etc/default/tlp
Look for the line that says USB_AUTOSUSPEND=1 and change it to USB_AUTOSUSPEND=0. Save the file and reboot your system.

5. Please try another version of Ubuntu ,like 18.04 and 23.04.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list