View: 1296|Reply: 11

Mini S12 - Bios not showing with 4k display

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-09 04:32:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi!

I am having an issue with my Mini S12. The 4k display is not showing the BIOS splash screen, nor the menu. It's clear the system has entered the BIOS menu, but the monitor doesn't get any signal and goes standby (it works fine if I let the system fully boot in Win or Linux).

Changing the display with a 1080p works without an issue, I can see the BIOS splash and then the menu. I believe it's something related to the BIOS graphics that cannot dialog with a 4k display.

Is there anything I can do? Is there any BIOS setup I can change so that I am able to use my 4k display?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-11 15:36:53 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Thanks for your letter and sorry for the late reply.

1. you can uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver.

Here is the Driver file for your machine MINIS12 ---- https://beelink.oss-cn-hongkong. ... MINI%20S-Driver.zip
Here is the Tutorial----https://mega.nz/file/mvAS1bQK#xX ... LDUFcxN5WUi6OrYy2js

2.  When connecting a 4K display, adjust the resolution to a little lower and adjust the refresh rate to 30HZ to try.

Looking forward to your feedback so that we can help you better.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-09 17:00:02 | Show all posts
Hello there,

You mean when your monitor with 4k display, your machine can not power on, and has the black screen, right?
After you change your monitor with 1080 P, your machine can work well, right?

Please send us the photo of your SN on the bottom of your mini pc.
And could you please send us a picture about bios version on the bios main page?
This is the tutorial: https://mega.nz/#F!yuISGa4I!s1bQQajKwnsEdzjqq4nopQ
Then we could check if there is a updated bios file.  

By the way, do you have another monitor that can have a test?

Looking forward to your reply so that we can help you better.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-09 17:03:59 | Show all posts
By the way, may I ask you that your monitor can support 4K?
Maybe you can change another monitor which can support 4K to have a test if your machine can work well with 4k display?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-09 22:04:14 | Show all posts
Maybe I was not clear enough

- Connected with monitor 4k. Power on, Mini S12 boots fine, blue led is on, fan is spinning.
     - If press DEL it enters in the BIOS, but, no video output (display goes into standby mode).
     - if nothing is pressed it goes fine in the operative system. Video signal is transmitted.

- Connected with monitor 1080p.
     - Everything is fine, both inside the BIOS (if press DEL) and the operative system (if you don't press anything).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-10 14:37:13 | Show all posts
Hello there,

When your machine connnect with monitor 4K, can you press F7 to enter in the BIOS?

Also, could you  please send us a picture about bios version on the bios main page?
This is the tutorial: https://mega.nz/#F!yuISGa4I!s1bQQajKwnsEdzjqq4nopQ
Then we could check if there is a updated bios file.  

And you can reset BIOS first---please unplug the power supply and HDMI cable.Please hit the pinhole of "CLR CMOS" with a pin for about 10 seconds.Ten minutes later, plug the power supply and HDMI cable, turn on the PC again. 

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-11 04:58:37 | Show all posts
I have already told you that when it is connected to the 4k display I do not even see the splash screen (the one with the Beelink logo). There is no signal until the boot process gets to the operative system. At that point I can see the login in 4k resolution.

On the contrary, if I press F7 or DEL as soon as the computer turns on (even though I am not seeing anything) I can deduce it enters into the BIOS (blue led is on, fan is spinning, keyboard is powered). Simply I cannot see the BIOS from the display. It looks like they cannot communicate properly.

This issue is not present with the other 1080p display. With this monitor I can use the BIOS and everything.

I tried to change few parameters to see if it helped with this issue (while attached to the 1080p monitor). And every time I reset the factory defaults and then start over. No luck so far.

For the record my BIOS version is ADLNV104, built timestamp 02/06/2023 15:50:05

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-11 16:22:12 | Show all posts
Windows drivers? I am talking about the BIOS. Please read carefully what I am writing!

We speak different languages. Your answers makes me realize you don't have any clue of what I am talking about.
Ignore this request. I will investigate on my own.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-10-12 20:37:03 | Show all posts
happybee replied at 2023-10-11 16:22
Windows drivers? I am talking about the BIOS. Please read carefully what I am writing!

We speak dif ...

Hello there,

When you connect to 4K monitor, please try to  change the resolution and the fresh rate.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-11 23:52:11 | Show all posts
Support-03 replied at 2023-10-12 20:37
Hello there,

When you connect to 4K monitor, please try to  change the resolution and the fresh  ...

Hi support,

You are once again misunderstanding their question. They asked about BIOS. There is NO resolution setting and NO refresh rate setting in the BIOS.

The problem is plain and simple, they plug a 4K monitor and they cannot access the BIOS settings at all, this has nothing to do with the OS.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list