View: 361|Reply: 1

Why no dual boot on GTR-5?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-06 06:23:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have the GTR-5 model. When I received it, there was only one M.2 NVME-SSD inside. It also had Windows 10 installed. I installed Linux Mint the first day I bought it. Thanks to GRUB, it automatically entered Mint at every startup, and I could choose Windows when I needed it. After a while, I also upgraded to Windows 11.

I recently installed an M.2 SATA3 SSD in it (unfortunately, one slot was produced as NVME and the other as SATA3).

I removed the NVME SSD from the motherboard and installed Windows 11 on the SATA3 SSD. Then I removed the SATA3 SSD on which was now Windows 11 installed from the motherboard, mounted the NVME SSD and installed Linux Mint on it. Finally, I mounted also the SATA3 SSD and closed the case.

My goal was to select whichever system I wanted when the PC opened with GRUB.

But unfortunately, the BIOS does not allow me to fulfill this wish. In the "Boot options" section, you can see only one SSD (apart from that, there are other options such as USB HDD, USB Key or Network).

I also did the installation with both SSDs mounted, but no matter what I tried, it was not successful.

However, when I log in with F7 I have the option to choose between Windows and Linux. But in the “Boot Options” section in “BIOS Setup” it only shows “Windows Boot Manager”.

I'm confused about what to do. I looked for a newer BIOS on the Beelink site, but there is no update. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-10-07 00:10:13 | Show all posts
Hello there,
What is your BIOS version ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules