View: 1892|Reply: 23

SEI12 1235u Can't wake from sleep with either front / rear USB ports

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-03 01:21:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I just purchased an SEI12 i5-1235u with 32GB of memory.  I'm having a few issues related to sleep :

- First, the PC does not seem to enter sleep on it's own (when set to sleep after 1 minute, it just stays on)
- When I enter sleep manually, my USB keyboard and mouse shut off (no power) and I'm unable to wake the machine except via the power button
- I've tried both front and rear USB ports with no luck

This is problematic as I would like to mount the machine to the back of my monitor, and it will not be easily accessible.

I have made sure the keyboard and mouse are set in device manager / power management to allow these devices to wake my pc.  I have attempted with both hibernate enabled and disabled.  I've attempted a number of possibly related bios settings with no luck, as well as bios defaults.  I've also attempted to wind back a few windows updates in case it was cause by that.

-My bios version is ALDER 112
-Serial number is 1235U3JF50067

Please help.  I don't want to have to return this pc, as other than this I'm very happy with the performance.

Thanks,
Miles

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-01-31 10:47:13 | Show all posts
AVV2 replied at 2024-01-30 22:13
All of the above steps did not help. The MOUSE and KEYBOARD peripherals still cannot wake the comput ...

Hello there,

Please send us a picture of the SN on the bottom of the PC .
Reply Support 1 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-03 01:34:20 | Show all posts
In case it might be hint towards finding the issue, one thing I also notice is that the power button light does not pulsate when in sleep mode, it just goes dark.

After pressing the power button to wake the machine, it goes right to the windows login screen within 1-2 seconds so I can confirm it was indeed in sleep mode.

Are there any sleep related power settings in the bios ?  I can't seem to find much
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-10-03 02:15:35 | Show all posts
Hello there,

There is no related power setting in the BIOS.
Please go to device manager and check if the power setting of the mouse and the keyboard are enlable or not.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-03 09:58:24 | Show all posts
Thank you for the reply, as mentioned in the original post, they are enabled in the device manager, both keyboard and mouse have "allow this devices to wake pc" checked.

I've followed a couple of online tutorials as well, just in case I missed something.  And I've also tried rolling back / reinstalling related drivers with no change.

I have also tried it with a different keyboard and mouse just in case it was an issue with the particular device.  They are backlit, and all go dark as soon as the PC is in sleep mode, and will not wake the PC.

I was in the PC repair business for nearly 20 years until recently, and I'm pretty sure I've exhausted every possible setting in Windows.  I'm at a bit of a loss on this.

I think my next option is to take a backup disk image and attempt a fresh windows reinstall.  If it doesn't help, I can restore the backup.

Hoping you might have some other ideas.

Thank you,
Miles

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-04 18:45:55 | Show all posts
milesf replied at 2023-10-03 09:58
Thank you for the reply, as mentioned in the original post, they are enabled in the device manager,  ...

Hello Miles,
I have the same problem. Mine is 16gb (soon to be 32 though). I have several minis, and this is the only one that does this. Power light goes off, mouse/keyboard won't wake it. Fumbled around, changed bios acpi/s3 suspend settings - no luck, set back to default.  Changed hibernate to never, no luck, back to 180min, no luck. Change what the power button does in settings, didn't work.  It 'appears to be driver related, but i don't know.  For a background,  When i first tried to Setup (first boot) the machine, i got blue death screen errors, repair requests, etc.. I 'think', the nvme i booted First, was a clone of original ( i usually do that and save the original). I contributed the blue screens it beeing cloned, and downloaded the hodgpodge of Drivers on beelink site, and did a clean Windows 11 pro install (purchased) then used these Beelink drivers. I now suspect the Faulty Sleep Mode to a glitched/missing driver. My plans were to buy another nvme drive and reclone the original, and see if i can get it to complete setup correctly. Lord knows i don't want to wade through the driver download/installs again. It's ALMOST worth just Accepting the mini  > Beelink < simply has a hardware/software Flaw and i'll just have to use the power button to Wake it. In reference, past clean installs to desktops i have made, Setting hibernate to Never ALWAYS fixed it. It drives me nuts - a little thing like that - because, like you say, this is a great running machine in all other aspects. This Beelink is the only mini i've had to bluescreen/repair at first boot. puzzled. I have all my software installed and running and hate to go back to the beginning. wish someone knew more. if you find out something let me know!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-07 19:27:07 | Show all posts
Hi, were you ever able to get the SEi12 to wake via USB from any of its ports?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-10 09:38:25 | Show all posts
milesf replied at 2023-10-03 09:58
Thank you for the reply, as mentioned in the original post, they are enabled in the device manager,  ...

Before you reinstall, a question -- are you using the latest greatest Windows version?  The 23H2?

I ask because my Beelink refused to update from 21H2.  So I 'forced' an update via that Windows page from MS people use in such situations.

Did you have the same problem?  Or was it happy to update?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-10 13:46:29 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I installed win11 from a newly created USB installer via the Microsoft provided app.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-03 02:17:16 | Show all posts
Hi I have a related issue.

When I lock Windows 11 sometimes the USB peripherals, mouse and keyboard, lost the power and is impossible wake up Windows again using the peripherals.

I believe is a BIOS issue.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2024-01-03 10:22:11 | Show all posts
archertron replied at 2024-01-03 02:17
Hi I have a related issue.

When I lock Windows 11 sometimes the USB peripherals, mouse and keyboard ...

①Please go to device manager---separately right click the keyboard and mouse--properties--power management--check “Allow the device to wake the computer”

②Please disable startup in the power option. In Control Panel, click the Power Options.

Select the Choose what the power buttons do.

Uncheck the “Turn on fast startup.”

Select Save Settings.

③On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator. Click Yes when prompted with a User Account Control window. Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off && powercfg.exe /hibernate on and press Enter. Again, try to put your PC to sleep and wake it up to see if it functions properly.

④Tweak power settings

1.On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type powercfg.cpl into the box and press Enter. 2.Click the chosen power plan and click Change plan settings. 3.Click Change advanced power settings. 4.Double-click on Sleep, then set Allow hybrid sleep in Off and set Allow wake timers to Enable.5.Click Apply > OK. Restart your computer, test on your machine again and see if it wakes up without fail.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list