View: 528|Reply: 3

SEI8 Freezes on splash screen with SSD attached

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-06 07:48:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

Whenever I attach a 2.5" ssd using the sata slot built into the top cover, I cannot get the machine to boot. The machine will go to the beelink splash screen and state press delete to enter bios or f7 to boot menu, but it freezes there. From this screen, I cannot get into bios, boot menu, or continue booting. When removing the ssd, the PC will boot fine. I have tried multiple known good SSDs, but all have this issue. I have also tried the clear cmos button, but it did not change issue. I suspect the issue is with the ribbon/sata adapter or board, but I am not sure. Does anyone know a way to get this to work?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-08-07 21:27:48 | Show all posts
Edited by Support-03 at 2023-08-10 20:32

Hello there,

①What is the partition format of your 2.5'' SSD  , MBR or GUID ? Please make sure it is GUID.
② Maybe it is the problem of the SATA cable.  Please check if it is intact or bent. We can send you a SATA cable. Please send your shipping address to support-pc<support-pc@bee-link.com> for the cable.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-08-10 07:02:40 | Show all posts
Hi,
Partition is GUID. The Sata cable does have some bends in it, but not sharp bend. I will email.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-14 10:10:34 | Show all posts
You should check SATA cable connections, update firmware and BIOS, verify SSD seating.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list