Author: drayman20

GTR7 PRO - Recurrent Reboots every 30 min - still no solution from beelink

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-11 21:23:28 | Show all posts
Could you guys try something for me:

1)        Use hardware monitor or crystal disk info to check the temps of your M.2 drive. This is to see if the problem is from your drive overheating.

2)        Set windows power to high Control panel > Power Options > High Performance
a.        Change plan display & sleep to never
b.        Advanced - HDD off 0 / never
c.        Advanced - Sleep never
d.        Advanced - PCI Express Link State Power Management – Off
This is to stop most sleep timers.

3)        PowerShell - Disable hibernation
a.
  1. powercfg -h off
Copy the Code

This will prevent hibernation.

M.2 drives are notoriously bad at waking from sleep/hibernation because of how PCI works.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-12 07:50:26 | Show all posts
Estou postando apenas para informa que eu tenho em casa Beelink, EQ12 N100, Beelink N305, Beelink GTR 6900HX, e esse Beelink GTR7 PRO 7940HS (2 duas unidades), então tenho ao todo 5 pcs da Beelink e meu arrependimento é total, pois só descobri a posterior que o problema de reset no 7940 - não é exclusivo desse modelo. Pois o outro Beelink N305 também fica resetando.  BEELINK NUNCA MAIS!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-17 21:10:36 | Show all posts
This is the same problem I had with my GTR5 and no help from Beelink so bought an Intel based minisforum PC instead and much happier now.
I'm sure it's to do with AMD because even Minisforum AMD based PCs are having similar issues with random reboots

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-21 23:31:49 | Show all posts
I believe that it's just this particular AMD processor (7940HS)

I bought a Minisforum UM790 PRO and it rebooted whenever the PC was idle. Sometimes I'd just go and make a coffee and when I returned it had rebooted.

Minisforum were silent about issues and fixes so I returned it for a refund.

I read on here that the GTR7 PRO was affected in the same way, but that Beelink had made a hardware modification to fix it, so I ordered one.

I have to say that the one that I have received has had no reboots whatsoever so I believe that the issue has been solved.

Minisforum are now also releasing fixed units, but their total lack of communication on the issue made me glad I jumped ship to Beelink. The GTR7 PRO is slightly more expensive, but the fingerprint scanner and the better port layout made me happy to pay a little more.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-15 14:44:59 | Show all posts
I had the issue solved in my situation when i got my unit in June. i had a reboot/ freeze every 05- 2 min in the OS. I just disabled everything related to power consumption/save setting and C or P states in the BIOS/UEFI. I also disabled suspend to RAM and ACPI in general. I'm not running MS Win i'm just mentioning it if it's an OS related thing or if these setting are not fully compatible or required for full functionality with it. Hope this helps.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-15 15:11:49 | Show all posts
Hello there,

I'm sorry about the problems you're having.

Please contact this email address: support-pc@bee-link.com
Send an email explaining the problem you encountered, along with SN pictures and purchase history of the machine.
We will provide you with corresponding solutions.

Have a nice day!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-18 10:32:18 | Show all posts
Is there a way to tell if your GTR7 unit has the old flawed reference design? I received mine back in June 2023 and worry that as one of the older models I might run into more issues when I start gaming more. (Mostly using it as a NAS/htpc/plex box right now)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-12-18 16:14:53 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Don't worry, our machines have a one-year warranty.

It is suggested that you can contact this email: support-pc@bee-link.com

Write an email to this mailbox, explain the problem you encountered, attach the SN serial number picture of the machine and the purchase record of the machine, we will provide you with the corresponding solution.

Have a nice day!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list