View: 543|Reply: 2

No video after CMOS reset

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-03 18:30:54 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi

I needed to reset the CMOS on my GTR6 6900HX after misconfiguring the bios such that the keyboard wouldn't work until the OS was loaded.  I followed the instructions - removed the power and HDMI, pressed the clear CMOS button for approx 10 seconds then powered back on.  This had no effect so I followed the instructions in this post:

https://forum.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=71899

I unplugged the power and HDMI and removed the bottom cover and fan unit, I then unplugged the battery and left it for half an hour then plugged it back in and, after putting it back together, powered it back on.  The power light comes on and initially the machine is silent then, after about 20 seconds, the fan kicks in however there is no video output and if I push the numlock key on the keyboard I don't get any numlock light.  I've tried different HDMI cables and all four HDMI ports on the PC, but with no luck.

Thanks
Andy

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-04 11:25:58 | Show all posts
Hello there,
Here are some potential solutions:
1.Please change another HDMI cable or power supply.
2.Please check your button to see if it installed well.
3.There might be something wrong with the hard ware components.Please take out the SSD and RAM ,please clean the contacts of the RAM with a rubber.Here is the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEd_7nmWVOk  
If it still doesn’t work, please try to replace SSD and RAM or put the SSD or RAM to other devices to test if they work.
4. You can take out one of the RAM and test whether one of the RAM is damaged.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-08-04 16:17:17 | Show all posts
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get a solution from Beelink support yesterday and posted it here, for some reason it is being moderated and hasn't been publicly posted yet, but in summary, re-seating the ram and ssd did the trick

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list