Very high RAM temperature

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-16 22:27:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by wyeechen at 2023-07-16 22:27

Hi.

There are many post mentioned about random reboot, some relate to C6 bios setting, some relate to power adapter voltage issue. But my problem seem different than others. I suspect this is a high RAM temperature. This happen especially during certain game and I can notice the temperature was rised like unstoppable.

There were incident the GTR7 reboot itself during gaming, and I found it is likely related to RAM temperature. I don't know how to record RAM temperature just before rebooting, and I dare not to drive it up over 95 degree C, therefore I only able to screenshot a temperature at 91 deg C. I believe it can go higher, based on it's trend of rising.

But during normal usage like using office application, the temperature is most likely stay 48 deg C.

I am not sure if this is a hardware issue or fan faulty.

Any idea to resolve it?
ram temp 2.png

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-17 06:48:15 | Show all posts
This is not the cause of any reboots temperatue will not cause reboot it is a power states issue with reboots and some recorded 95c.

a new baseplate design is being released how we get hold of this we don't know but its not a faulty unit.

try removing the baseplate and make sure it has plenty of room to breath.

only remove the outer most bottom plate this will expose an intake fan this intake fan needs as much air as it can to cool down the ssd and ram.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list