Bug SER 5800 pro. does not obey the set primary display

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-15 02:26:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by joggs at 2023-07-15 02:35

Hi,
On my SER5 5800, I have dual screens,  hdmi and DP.
I want hdmi to be the primary display, so I have set that in bios on "AMI Graphic Output Protocol Policy", output select, to HDMI.
However, when booting the computer, the bios and the post screen still posts to the Display port screen.
If i enter bios, HDMI is set for this setting, but, still, DP is the screen used. So if I change to DP and then HDMI again, the screen shows on HDMI.

I suppose the way this should be working, is that if I have set HDMI for this setting in bios, hdmi should be be the default display when starting the computer?

There are no bios on your support pages for ser5 5800, so I am not sure if there are any BIOS updates that could fix this?

I have bios 5800H506
ser.png

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-18 11:14:24 | Show all posts
Hello there,
Thanks for your lette, your bios is the latest version already, and if you just want HDMI port to be the first display, you could unplug the Displayport cable.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-21 02:55:54 | Show all posts
tuiguang7 replied at 2023-07-18 11:14
Hello there,
Thanks for your lette, your bios is the latest version already, and if you just want HD ...

Haha. That is not a professional answer. There is a bug in the Bios and I expect you to fix it, not give rude suggestions.
Pretty much all companies releases lots of bios fixes, but you do not have any at all, almost. Why is that?
This will spread, and will hurt you as a company so I suggest you discuss withing the company how to keep giving good service AFTER you have sold your hardware.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-07-21 18:54:45 | Show all posts
Hello there,
To set HDMI as the primary display, you can follow these steps:
1. Connect both the DP and HDMI screens to your computer.
2. Right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings" from the context menu.
3. In the Display settings window, you will see two monitors labeled as "1" and "2". The one labeled as "1" is the primary display by default.
4. Click on the monitor labeled as "2" (HDMI screen) to select it.
5. Scroll down and check the box that says "Make this my main display". This will set the HDMI screen as the primary display.
6. You can also adjust the screen resolution, orientation, and other display settings for each monitor in the Display settings window.
7. Click on "Apply" to save the changes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-23 00:15:20 | Show all posts
No, that is if you want to change primary screen after the OS has booted. You need to be able to set primary screen when the computer posts so that the correct screen is used for GRUB or other boot menus that people use befor the OS is booted.
So the only way to fix this professionally is to fix the BUG in the BIOS, so that when you set primary screen in bios, the selected screen will be primary.
Don't you have people working with the BIOS?
ALL motherboards gets BIOS bug fixes, and so should you if you want to be taken seriously

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-08-21 19:00:54 | Show all posts
Hello there,

To set the HDMI port as the primary screen on your PC, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings" from the context menu.
2. In the Settings tab, you will see multiple displays listed under "Select and rearrange displays." Identify the HDMI-connected display and click on it.
3. Scroll down and locate the "Multiple displays" section. From the drop-down menu, select "Show only on 2" or "Disconnect this display" (the number may vary depending on your system).
4. Click on the "Apply" button to save the changes. Your primary screen will now be set to the HDMI port.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list