Return to list New
View: 1460|Reply: 10

Gtr7 Pro board design specifications

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 05:40:42 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi I have a few questions for the engineers about the Gtr7 Pro’s design.

Firstly, how much can the vrm handle if cooling is enchanced?
Can i buy 3d files of the board and/or a schematic?

I have tested extended values and am afraid to fly too close to the moon. the included adapter is maxed out (90w/5/5.62 amps @ 19v making it one of the fastest 7940hs systems).

Whats the maximum amperage i can expect out of this board (i have yet to do a complete tear down to inspect vrm and power handling) as far as 19v input is concerned?

How much can I draw on the 5v dc to dc converter for the usb ports, fans, and other onboard devices?

I am exploring alternative power systems for mobile use, Am i locked to 19v? Not that it is an issue but higher voltages are more efficient so If i can, id like to use my 25.6v lifepo4 102wh battery with less voltage conversion, but the chosen solution will convert that to 19v 6amp, and as i have configured, 12-14amps continously(more headroom for amd strix halo(16c 40cu apu, up to 150w tdp in base configuration)).

Can we expect a guide for the bios?

Ive seen the necessary settings to run 6400mhz cl38 ram, i have some on the way. Can i expect anything else besides lacking xmp? Has anyone in house tested faster, lower latency ram?

Is having all settings exposed in the bios not the expected consumer experience?

I am aware running the board outside of base specification will result in my warranty becoming invalid. I simply dont want to push the board outside its limits and would kindly like the specifications.

I will buy another if needed, why not answer a few of these questions so that way I can avoid flying too close to the soon, becoming icarus, and needing another system.

Also consider offering a device like this with more pcie lanes exposed, say a x16 slot or a 8i oculink. I have a x16 bifurcation board that give a x8, and two x4. It wouldnt be hard to have a whole ecosystem of advanced products to set you different from your mini forum based competition. I appreciate a company that have good intentions and better execution.

Please respond, zatansdiy@gmail.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 16:51:53 | Show all posts
"Ive seen the necessary settings to run 6400mhz cl38 ram, i have some on the way. Can i expect anything else besides lacking xmp? Has anyone in house tested faster, lower latency ram?"

Anything you find about tweaking with the memory settings, please let us know. Right now I'm stuck with only one RAM module, I know others too... 2 weeks have past and we are left with no solution, no bios upgrade or any suggestion in the right direccion.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 18:41:06 | Show all posts
I think if you push past the included memory speed you will fry the memory its 95*c I have heard at peak so faster memory even more heat unless you remove the bottom cover and make some changes to the intake fans.

mobile do you mean power banks? 100w is the limit so power limit has to be set as 35w for the chip.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-07 21:24:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by zatansdiy at 2023-07-08 02:10

Redacted - See The Large Post Below (when its finished being moderated)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-08 01:29:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by zatansdiy at 2023-07-08 01:58

Ill add that my system is currently just the mainboard, no case, living on a test bench before i buy a custom 3d printed metal laptop chassis.

I will further enchance cooling on any 45c+ (on full load) components before installing them in a custom enclosure. One day i may test the stock temps but i never planned to use this system stock.

For the record I stripped my system day one and have only suffer one shutdown at 90w while playing a game and running cinebench in the background (i mightve also been adjusting the power cable leading for the magnetic connect that i have yet to replace to disconnect, who knows, either way I fucked up).
Using stock ram with copper heatsinks in the giving config avoided shutdowns after 30m of cinebench at a higher wattage(although the cooler can barely sustain 90w, try 75w, your warranty is void regardless).

Memory wise I still have yet to test if there is a 1.1v lockout like on the um790. Ive only been in the amd ocing settings which it always has these settings. 6400mhz ram comes in tomorrow, even if it doesnt do 6400mhz the kit has 40-40-40 timings at 5600mhz so its better regardless. Rip no xmp or amd eq.

Currently my igpu is not showing up in windows and my new oculink cable came in so ill be testing that instead, because I know my 6900xt's drivers are stable. m.2 4.0 egpu via adtlink worked perfect once I dissabled the amd 780m oem/test driver that came with it(in the GTR7 DRIVERS provided by beelink). Im sure I can use both but windows woes.

I am designing the last parts of the build, ie battery charger (for 29.2v, 8 cells, 19.2v is 6, wouldve been easier to find chargers for and less conversion) i prefered my final choice of 8 specific cells for 102wh instead of 86wh (6 cells 19.2v, same-ish footprint), a custom cpu cooler than can handle 200w(mainly for the next build so I dont have to build a slightly similar one again), building the keyboard in the most efficient configuration (split ortholinear, choc(kalih slim) keyswitch/cap, custom trackpad and lenovo trackpoint, a few extra mouse related buttons, 3 low profile encoders, preferably within 15mm thickness if not 13mm). But its in the 90%+ of completion range design wise. Parts otw, soldering to be started soon. Hardest part is my reverse swiviel monitor mount. I want to fold it backwards but not with the screen facing down, 120hz 4k oled whist is relavtively cheap is still $200 too much to be risky a dirty surface touching the screen. So far Im planning to jerry rig two laptop monitor mounts to get this range of motion in a relatively small package, because making my own cast, cut or forged, will cost as much as the whole enclosure being 3d metal printed.

As far as power a minibox openups and smartdcdc both running a 19v rail, the open ups being a secondary bms, handling charging(albeit slow but at 29.2v even 3 amps isnt that bad), and reporting it to windows, the minibox smart dcdc giving more stable amperage to said rail, being ran by scripts(ie voltage dropped 0.1v sustained for x time, shutdown dcdc and send off signal to either a microcontroller or straight to the openups, there are too many ways to accomplish this safely and im not breaking it all down here). The system im setting up can output over 250w into 19v, 120w for this system(the openups can do that alone) and 175w+ for strix point (16c zen 4, 40cu rdna 3.5, amd monster apu of next gen, dcdc needed for additional sustained current) the openups and dcdc systems can be ran up to 30v, and buck for output down to my needed 19v.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-08 02:04:40 | Show all posts
Edited by zatansdiy at 2023-07-08 02:05
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-07 18:41
I think if you push past the included memory speed you will fry the memory its 95*c I have heard at  ...

To reply to you before my much longer post pasts moderation, my system is outside the case, with the system fan mounted directly off the first m.2 slot laying across the ram modules themselves, I also added some cheap copper heatsinks to the ram just to help remove heat. Even before I did this I had 0 issues with stability. I did this as I increased the cpu tdp to 90w and wanted to insure increase calls to the ram to sustain higher framerates would not heat up the ram, this is a temporary solution..

My samsung 980 pro 2tb has a large copper heatsink (too large to fit in the stock case's fan airflow shroud/m.2 heatsink), it provides enough cooling, I moved 1.7tb od data between it and my other 2tb 3.0 drive and it peaked at 75c, no airflow.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-08 02:07:11 | Show all posts
nnombela replied at 2023-07-07 16:51
"Ive seen the necessary settings to run 6400mhz cl38 ram, i have some on the way. Can i expect anyth ...

See above post.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-08 02:14:54 | Show all posts
Edited by zatansdiy at 2023-07-08 02:17

ALSO BEELINK

Consider using dell's CAMM ram interface. I used some of the sodimm interface modules with my dell precision 7770 and they are way better than normal stacked ddr5 slots, with the different trace lengths. They are easier to cool with and without added solutions, are more stable at higher frequencies due to the same trace length per module, and if you commit to using camm memery, there are other technical benifits. If I recall correctly its open sourced now. Add that in with the 4i/8i/x16 pcie/oculink ports/slots into your systems and you can have a slim powerhouse with iO that compares against desktops. And then I can stuff that into a diy laptop lol.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-08 03:05:19 | Show all posts
zatansdiy replied at 2023-07-08 02:14
ALSO BEELINK

Consider using dell's CAMM ram interface. I used some of the sodimm interface modules  ...

so what you really are after is some revisions for a future GTR becuase this GTR7 form factor is locked down and only very minor changes will occur.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-08 03:13:40 | Show all posts
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-08 03:05
so what you really are after is some revisions for a future GTR becuase this GTR7 form factor is l ...

Yes and no, Im suggesting some upgrades for the gtr8, thats how we got the gpd win max2 (7840u) w/ a built in oculink port. The cpu has more lanes that should be accessible, two usb4 ports or not, you just need a board that takes advantage. Like for instance in a laptop it would have the wireless nic slot, two m.2 4.0 slots, x8/x16 to igpu/igpu+dgpu and more for io up until the absolute limit(what the chip itself has).

And secondly I want to know some things, mainly how many amps can I push 19.2v into the gtr7 or rather how much can the 7940hs in the system take? I have it set to motherboard limits in the amd ocing bios settings but what are those numerical limits? Can I feed it 120w? Is it routed for 150w? Have I surpassed the limit already at 90w?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list