Return to list New
Author: Famaku

[GTR7] Vented bottom for improved cooling

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-11 13:22:51 | Show all posts
I would like to have the new bottom plate. How do go about getting one?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-11 16:56:58 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-11 16:58
Mark62 replied at 2023-07-11 13:22
I would like to have the new bottom plate. How do go about getting one?

when it's available they will likely ask to communicate by email.

I hope to order two plates at the same time I order two UK plugs when they come back in stock.

In the mean time I already had an acrylic base laser cut for me and I bult my own feet for added air intake because unless Beelink made a base and include extended feet the air intake on a desk will be minimal if not allmost blocked.

BGTXINGI 280pcs M2.5 Brass Male-Female/Female-Female Spacer Standoff Screw Nut Assortment Kit and stainless steel Screw Nut Set (Brass M2.5) is what I used to build the feet and to add rubber so its non stop and looks cleaner and wont risk scratching sourcing map 20 Pack 4mm ID Black Screw Thread Protectors Rubber End Caps Bolt Covers for Screw Bolt Furniture Pipe. I found adding those gave me the perfect fit and should fit the origonal Beelink base but I have not tried with the origonal base but the thread size is correct however the thread length I have not confirmed for use with the origonal plate.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-13 08:47:16 | Show all posts
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-11 16:56

I hope to order two plates at th ...

Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-13 16:58:33 | Show all posts
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-11 16:56

I hope to order two plates at th ...

Re UK power supplies, they probably have them back in stock.

Just received yesterday my GTR7 Pro and even though I was told that there were no UK PSU's and I'd get a US type one....Loh and behold... UK PSU.

Well to probably be more accurate it's a pretty standard looking black block PSU with a magnetic output and a removeable plug input with a UK C5 (clover leaf) short power lead.

Which means that they can use that for most EU countries as all they need is to source a country specific cable and not change the  PSU itself.

Oh and so far, no need for extra cooling.

Ran the AIDA64 stress test, had to use HWInfo for the numbers as AIDA hasn't gotten the reporting hooks for this processor sorted yet, ran for 60 minutes no throttling pretty cool (comparive;y

Start up numbers
(temperatures in C, after leaving the machine powered on overnight)

CPU Tctl/Tdie                average 32.1
CPU core                        average 30.1
CPU SOC                        average 30.6

APU GFX (core temp)        average 28.4

DDR 0                        average 32.4
DDR 1                         average 32.4

Disk 1                         average 38 (stock Crucial P3 SSD)
Disk 2                         average 42 (SK-Hynix P41)

GPU                                average 29.0

Temperature numbers, full stress test, after 60 minutes

CPU Tctl/Tdie                average 67.7        max 78.6
CPU core                        average 66.9        max 77.6
CPU SOC                        average 56.6        max 63.8

APU GFX (core temp)        average 61.9        max 73.6

DDR 0                        average 62.8        max 73.5
DDR 1                         average 58.5        max 68.8

Disk 1                         average 54        max 63 (stock Crucial P3 SSD)
Diak 2                          average 53        max 64 (SK-Hynix P41)

GPU                                average 62.5        max 70.2

Back of the device with the air oulets got a bit toasty, finger hot, not burny-burny.

The fan kicked in at about 8-10 minutes in, ramped up to noticeably with a tiny bit of coil whine but didn't make my ears bleed

Once the stress testing terminated the device cooled down pretty rapidly and returned to base temps in 3-5 minutes

So far no sign of the 16GB good, 32GB bad issue folks have reported
So far no sign of any issues AS YET.... we wait with bated breath.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-13 18:23:13 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-13 18:40
Mr_Brolin replied at 2023-07-13 16:58
Re UK power supplies, they probably have them back in stock.

Just received yesterday my GTR7 Pr ...

Why is it then it's been shown over and over again 95*c memory though I would think room temperature playing a big part of this perhaps.

I just got my GTR7 Pro delivered and I have the GTR7 as well so I should check which power supply I was told pro would be USA and the GTR7 came with EU.

I hope one came with UK supply but I was told it would be two weeks so next week they should be in stock.

Update:
No UK plug, though a UK adaptor. Strange how the USA plug is white with a white UK adaptor that is better quality then the EU which is a black eu to uk adaptor which is tiny, the usa to uk adaptor is better quality and build. i like how its colour coordinated.

I might not bother with uk plug like you were sent its a lot of money when they should be in the box and could communicate with uk owners before shipping to say uk wall plug is coming do you want to wait. i was quoted $50 for two its cheaper to buy masterplug eu/us to uk that £11 for 3 adaptors.
uk takes up more desk space because of the extra block, however they should have make it like this for eu,us,uk in the first place and change one small part instead of a complete design just for uk.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-13 19:40:02 | Show all posts
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-13 18:23
Why is it then it's been shown over and over again 95*c memory though I would think room temperatur ...

Sorry you got borked in the PSU..... The UK one is butt ugly in comparison to the "proper" one but what the hell... it has the advantage of, well, working...

Re the testing, room temp was 21C, windows were closed, machine was closed up after I had installed  a FAR better SSD in it and swapped the boot order after cloning it to from the mediocre Crucal SSD (SK Hynix P41 2TB, Amazon Prime bargain).

I left it powered on overnight, no standby, no hibernation to let it smoke test.

The nunbers are the numbers..... Haven't changed the RAM. haven't tweaked the fans, unit is screwed shut,  restting on its base on a tiled top table, no additional  bits....

BIOS version is GTRP01P5C6V0
EC Version 6.6.0.0.26

Plain vanilla, no changes made other than re-order the boot order

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-13 22:44:11 | Show all posts
Mr_Brolin replied at 2023-07-13 19:40
Sorry you got borked in the PSU..... The UK one is butt ugly in comparison to the "proper" one but ...

I wouldn't call EU/US borked its just the travel adaptors but I use masterplug brand instead they are much higher standards for meeting UK requirements.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list