[GTR7] Vented bottom for improved cooling

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 17:05:48 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-04 17:42
Mr_Brolin replied at 2023-07-04 16:45
To give a degree of clarity, there are 2 (TWO) duifferent items on display here.

One is a a render  ...

I don't understand how it can appear because we have image and text and account showing its an official replacement.
However the official as you pointed out is missing the important space between the desk and holes which is why they only see 4*c improvement while video shows a very large improvement.

Do we know if that base is intake or exhaust? I have purchased the acrylic from etsy and I own both a router fan and a fan that was made for a handheld pc that is 120mm and has large feet to raise above the desk. I believe it's an intake as the image text said it's intake but I find it hard to believe they would suffocate the intake like that, intakes pulling from the side unless it's very strong will not pull enough air from the sides.

You were saying about the UK plug it is differet layout has a power brick and either a kettle or figure 8 plug I can't tell which it is.

S17a664dfe54d4ee0b4a7186e05c1b45eD.jpg
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 21:27:21 | Show all posts
Hello there,

We will contact our R&D department if they have this plan for Beelink brand.
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 21:51:50 | Show all posts
OK....

First off, in the video at approx 11 seconds in, the presenter shows a picture of "an official perforated plate". the problem is, it isn't, it's a render, not an actual photo.

If you compare it to his ACTUAL machine base at approx 28 seconds in, you see a real one, not perforated, with all the extra gubbins, like the serial number, MAC address, AMD stickers etc.

So, whilst there may well be an "official" performated bottom plate out there, what's is shown in the video ain't one.

Next, the issue here is that there are not one but 2 cooling fans in the unit, the little one in the base that really only assists in cooling the RAM and SSD and a honking big one that cools the CPU/APU and has a mass of fins and a copper heat spreader. This one pulls in air from the sides and expels it through the 6 large cut outs top back of the unit

The small one, in the base, pulls air in from the sides at the base, runs it over the main inside mounting plate, over the heat fins that are mounted over the SSD's and then down into the chassis, expelling through the perforated sides.

One of the problems you will run into with a peformated back plate, directly over the fan, is almost no air will be drawn through the sides, so no cooling the heat fins and no cooling the inside mounting plate, it'll just dump straight into the main space of the chassis.

This could actually, over extended time, cause more heat build up in the overall chassis as the inner mount plate is no longer getting airfow over it to cool the plate.

A simpler solution would be to get a set of longer mounting screws for the current base plate, couple of nuts on each screw to create a lifted space then screw into the inner plate, leaving a tightly secured air gap all around the base of the unit.

Reply Support 1 Not support 2

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 22:01:38 | Show all posts
Support-03 replied at 2023-07-04 21:27
Hello there,

We will contact our R&D department if they have this plan for Beelink brand.

Please do because support are unaware of customers facing high memory temperatures

Because we have not received any feedback from foreign customers regarding the issue of high temperature, we do not have any relevant bottom shell production
You can conduct testing, but  later production machines should not have this problem

However with reviewers, customs seeing this outside of China it is something that is an issue, I have yet to confirm myself this but with videos and screenshots from international customers showing high memory temperature I am please to see it is being investigated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-05 03:14:51 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-05 03:19
Mr_Brolin replied at 2023-07-04 21:51
OK....

First off, in the video at approx 11 seconds in, the presenter shows a picture of "an offic ...

I never once refered to the one in the video the image already on this topic shows from the beelink forum and not the video so why you refered to the video for that base I don't understand.

As for what you say is incorrect with feet this allows for more directed airflow instead of having to draw from the sides it can draw air in more directly and would be more efficient. Also I will be planning on blowing more air in with a 120mm fan which is already mounted on a large flat base and feet.

I've been changing cooling on systems for 15+ years so I can't see why you would say direct intake is worse than one drawing from the sides.

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-05 03:24:28 | Show all posts
lieber_tiger replied at 2023-07-03 22:59
I have noticed that RAM is perfecly cool when I remove the bottom plate. Since the fan blows all the ...

I have a dremel but what you are saying we could infact instead cool that bottom plate without needing to cut it the quicker that cools down the less the hot air will stay hot and the less hot air drawn back in to cool the system which in turn might be heating up the ram further.

I already own both a router fan kit and a large fan plate as well not the type meant for laptops so these are more poweful. I will try firstly sitting the system on the plate with the cover and again without the cover and also try blowing air into the vents with the cover after. Theres a lot of variables to work with here.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-05 03:28:50 | Show all posts
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-05 03:14
I never once refered to the one in the video the image already on this topic shows from the beelink ...

Yeah, that post didn't make any sense to me either
This thread is about the post of a new bottom plate design shown by Beelink in the Chinese forums, not any videos on Youtube or so.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-05 03:44:01 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-05 03:47

This is a fan I purchased for a handheld that I've now added vibration absorption pads for the GTR7 this will be part of the testing I will be doing if this makes any difference without changing the base plate I will inform but I think with the revised plate and some feet or the use of both these 2.5*5+6 hexagonal copper colum - supporting copper pillar / m2.5*6 - 304 stainless steel screw hand tightened items and the fan those temperatures will reduce a lot. In the video Ram falls by I think 14c which is a lot just for adding vents to the base of the case and some feet to raise it of the desk to allow airflow in.
IMG_20230704_203807_11zon.jpg
IMG_20230704_203753_11zon.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 02:44:54 | Show all posts
Mr_Brolin replied at 2023-07-04 21:51
OK....

First off, in the video at approx 11 seconds in, the presenter shows a picture of "an offic ...

Were you part of the design team that came up with cooling of this unit? Like whoever actually did, you clearly don't know what you're doing/talking about:  

"This one pulls in air from the sides"  -  Incorrect  

"One of the problems you will run into with a peformated back plate, directly over the fan, is almost no air will be drawn through the sides, so no cooling the heat fins and no cooling the inside mounting plate, it'll just dump straight into the main space of the chassis."
"This could actually, over extended time, cause more heat build up in the overall chassis as the inner mount plate is no longer getting airfow over it to cool the plate."  -  All Incorrect

A cool running GTR7 will require ventilation on the bottom. A quiet running GTR7 will require less restriction on top (The tiny perforated holes make it sound like a mini turbine when the fan is full power).
top.jpg
bottom.jpg
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 03:01:34 | Show all posts
Nice cuts but those void the warranty, I always look to make changes that never go to the point of no return.

Let us know how much cooler the memory, storage and cpu gpu get.

Do we have any built in sensors for the motherboard? I can see where you are coming from about the fins and overall cooling of the base area as motherboard flex is what can cause harm to components over time making correct contact.

My idea is to send even more cool air from both sides on the hottest of days powered from a different usb plug to continue cooling after shutdown.

Cooling after shutdown is always overlooked.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list