[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-03 22:21:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

it seems there's an improved design of the bottom plate:
Cooling.JPG

How can we get our hands on that version? Improved cooling of the SSDs and RAM would be great. Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 21:51:50 | Show all posts
OK....

First off, in the video at approx 11 seconds in, the presenter shows a picture of "an official perforated plate". the problem is, it isn't, it's a render, not an actual photo.

If you compare it to his ACTUAL machine base at approx 28 seconds in, you see a real one, not perforated, with all the extra gubbins, like the serial number, MAC address, AMD stickers etc.

So, whilst there may well be an "official" performated bottom plate out there, what's is shown in the video ain't one.

Next, the issue here is that there are not one but 2 cooling fans in the unit, the little one in the base that really only assists in cooling the RAM and SSD and a honking big one that cools the CPU/APU and has a mass of fins and a copper heat spreader. This one pulls in air from the sides and expels it through the 6 large cut outs top back of the unit

The small one, in the base, pulls air in from the sides at the base, runs it over the main inside mounting plate, over the heat fins that are mounted over the SSD's and then down into the chassis, expelling through the perforated sides.

One of the problems you will run into with a peformated back plate, directly over the fan, is almost no air will be drawn through the sides, so no cooling the heat fins and no cooling the inside mounting plate, it'll just dump straight into the main space of the chassis.

This could actually, over extended time, cause more heat build up in the overall chassis as the inner mount plate is no longer getting airfow over it to cool the plate.

A simpler solution would be to get a set of longer mounting screws for the current base plate, couple of nuts on each screw to create a lifted space then screw into the inner plate, leaving a tightly secured air gap all around the base of the unit.

Reply Support 1 Not support 2

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 22:43:31 | Show all posts
Hello there,

We do have the plan to change the bottom plate for Beelink GTR7 , but there isn't a specific date yet.
Stay tuned.
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 21:27:21 | Show all posts
Hello there,

We will contact our R&D department if they have this plan for Beelink brand.
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 04:09:41 | Show all posts
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-07 03:01
Nice cuts but those void the warranty, I always look to make changes that never go to the point of n ...

I don't like to fucus on that stuff all that much, but what you're doing is the more level-headed way to go about it. With that monster fan, you should have NO issues with ram temps. HWinfo had me concerned about the ram with the unmodified case (in the high 90's), though the storage never got that hot. I never see the ram go over the low 80's now, so I would say mine is consistent to the reductions others have seen. The cpu/gpu cooling didn't noticeably improve with the top hole, but the sound of the fan at high speeds did significantly. The high-pitched frequency of the air moving through those small perforations gets to me.  
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-07 02:44:54 | Show all posts
Mr_Brolin replied at 2023-07-04 21:51
OK....

First off, in the video at approx 11 seconds in, the presenter shows a picture of "an offic ...

Were you part of the design team that came up with cooling of this unit? Like whoever actually did, you clearly don't know what you're doing/talking about:  

"This one pulls in air from the sides"  -  Incorrect  

"One of the problems you will run into with a peformated back plate, directly over the fan, is almost no air will be drawn through the sides, so no cooling the heat fins and no cooling the inside mounting plate, it'll just dump straight into the main space of the chassis."
"This could actually, over extended time, cause more heat build up in the overall chassis as the inner mount plate is no longer getting airfow over it to cool the plate."  -  All Incorrect

A cool running GTR7 will require ventilation on the bottom. A quiet running GTR7 will require less restriction on top (The tiny perforated holes make it sound like a mini turbine when the fan is full power).
top.jpg
bottom.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-05 03:14:51 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-05 03:19
Mr_Brolin replied at 2023-07-04 21:51
OK....

First off, in the video at approx 11 seconds in, the presenter shows a picture of "an offic ...

I never once refered to the one in the video the image already on this topic shows from the beelink forum and not the video so why you refered to the video for that base I don't understand.

As for what you say is incorrect with feet this allows for more directed airflow instead of having to draw from the sides it can draw air in more directly and would be more efficient. Also I will be planning on blowing more air in with a 120mm fan which is already mounted on a large flat base and feet.

I've been changing cooling on systems for 15+ years so I can't see why you would say direct intake is worse than one drawing from the sides.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-03 22:59:48 | Show all posts
I have noticed that RAM is perfecly cool when I remove the bottom plate. Since the fan blows all the hot air against the plate, the plate hetas up really fast and the air can't get out. I doubt that Beelink will send this better version to us, but I think I would just drill some holes in the bottom for the same effect
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-07-04 00:45:43 | Show all posts
lieber_tiger replied at 2023-07-03 22:59
I have noticed that RAM is perfecly cool when I remove the bottom plate. Since the fan blows all the ...

You may be right. Yet, if they supply an improved version to their customers in China, it would only be fair to extend that offer to international buyers. At the very least the new bottom plate should be made available at a low price (like $10) so we can fix that ourselves.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 03:04:32 | Show all posts
I ran the image through Google Translate

Untitled.jpeg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 03:06:15 | Show all posts
Bad publicity if it only gets sent free to Chinese buyers.
Beelink mods - could you please state the position with international buyers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 03:12:34 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-04 05:15

I too want to know because on YouTube three days ago a video went online showing how to make your own with acrylic you would also need some of these to provide clearance 2.5*5+6 hexagonal copper colum - supporting copper pillar / m2.5*6 - 304 stainless steel screw hand tightened otherwise you continue to block the holes.

Just to be clear that video was not official beelink just to avoid confusion around this new design bottom plate.

they knew this was a gaming pc because of the chipset and the design style of the case is very gamer and where do all the channels reviewing it outside of China do with it ... game

https://en.dwgfastview.com/ to view the file that was on the video

零刻GTR7 锐龙R7-7840HS散热底板分享及对比测试 无损安装 保留自带导风罩 内存和硬盘的温度改善 - YouTube
element_to_be_created.jpg

base_dwg.zip

24.67 KB, Downloads: 42

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 05:19:26 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-04 05:20

The post I made is now being moderated so in the mean time please find a video on youtube they showed a base design changes one of which is identical to Beelinks, by any chance do you know where I could find the origonal topic please?

零刻GTR7 锐龙R7-7840HS散热底板分享及对比测试 无损安装 保留自带导风罩 内存和硬盘的温度改善
that is the title it's pictured showing the GTR7 on it's side showing a clear base.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 08:50:51 | Show all posts
The original post is over on reddit in /r/BeelinkOfficial

14pj6ny
beelink_gtr7_please_can_you_produce_this_look_at

If I keep mine, it will need the new base or a custom one (or no base at all).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 15:32:36 | Show all posts
Edited by GarethRossUK at 2023-07-04 15:39
JoeGasper replied at 2023-07-04 08:50
The original post is over on reddit in /r/BeelinkOfficial

14pj6ny

No you put an image of page with bottom cover where did you find that? on Reddit that is something else not what you shared in the photograph.

I just had idea of crazy easy solution buy a big pc dust filter cut to needed size and cut screw holes but will look horrible so only temporary solution.

I am dissatisfied with Beelink response on AliExpress state doesn't exist and by email completely ignored the question of availability.

Feel Beelink might not honour this to outside of China and we are stuck. They have the shoddy international reviews which all except one don't show any problems so why would they be interested in fixing problem. That's my vibe I'm getting right now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 16:45:15 | Show all posts
To give a degree of clarity, there are 2 (TWO) duifferent items on display here.

One is a a render of what APPEARS to be an "official" Beelink replacement metal base with a set of vent holes drilled/punched into the metal base over the internal fan.

The other is a an individual who has a cut acrylic base that replaces the metal base with a set of vents cut into it. It is also fixed in plce with a set of stand off screws to lift the base off the surface.

The ideal option, if one was available would be a pre-drilled base with set off screws.......

Oh, as an aside (and I'll post this on the other UK power adapter thread), according to my request a replacement UK power adapeter will cost 26 USD, approx 21 GBP, although no mention was made of shipping costs.

Having said that I am STILL waiting, 10 days after payment, for my GTR7 order to change from "Processing" to Shipping......

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list