Author: cpilch78

GTR7 7840HS - random reboots

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-14 04:46:22 | Show all posts
Hi I think I am also running to this issue of random reboots. Seems like disabling c6 in BIOS or kernel solves this? If that is so I'm not sure what to do, as the BIOs for GTR7 does not have any cstate option and I am running Proxmox 8. If anyone is in my situation can help or if Beelink has new BIOS drivers that enable modification of the cstate that would be awesome.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-14 04:50:50 | Show all posts
magikwarden replied at 2023-07-14 04:46
Hi I think I am also running to this issue of random reboots. Seems like disabling c6 in BIOS or ker ...

We've been asking on the forum but I am going to ask by email and aliexpress chat because forum goes ignored they choose when to reply it appears.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-25 02:30:49 | Show all posts
Any solutions?? having the same issue with GTR7-PRO .. and it is getting worse every day

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-25 18:25:21 | Show all posts
Anyone having random reboots just remove one of the DRAM modules, it does not matter which one or which slot is left empty as the problem is NOT the DRAM module or the unit, If the reboots are gone just wait patiently for the promised BIOS update that fixes the problem.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-07-25 21:15:06 | Show all posts
Hello there,

For the random reboot issue, we are still waiting for the new AMD driver .
AMD say they will release the AMD driver at the end of July.
Please stay tuned.

The possible solution right now is to take out one of the RAM .
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-25 21:55:40 | Show all posts
Hi All,

Not sure which thing helped but I am currently running 64GB Crucial 5200MHz CT32G52C42S5. From what I read sofar, no matter the ram, people still have that issue.

The other thing I changed was I completely disabled Sleep in BIOS, I haven't had the issue since.

Kind regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-25 23:55:26 | Show all posts
JohnRickSanchez replied at 2023-07-25 21:55
Hi All,

Not sure which thing helped but I am currently running 64GB Crucial 5200MHz CT32G52C42S5. F ...

Where is sleep in bios, under which section.

i thought the only way to stop any powering down was cstates c6.

thanks in advance, 400MHz slower memory shouldn't be the reason for it not happening.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-26 16:40:37 | Show all posts
GarethRossUK replied at 2023-07-25 23:55
Where is sleep in bios, under which section.

i thought the only way to stop any powering down was ...

Hi Gareth,

Well, two things changed in my system at the same time so I can only suspect one of them worked with changing RAM less likely.

The Sleep States are under ACPI Settings, I changed "Enable ACPI Auto Configuration" to Disabled
And under new menu showing up I've disabled "ACPI Sleep State" to "Suspend Disabled".
Hope that helps, let me know if it helped you.

Kind regards
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-27 05:34:58 | Show all posts
Edited by Evgen at 2023-07-27 05:50

Hi all

I have the same problem as many on this forum.
1. If two 16GB memory modules are installed, then the computer randomly reboots, most often a few minutes after the computer is turned on.
2. If I leave one 16GB memory module, then reboots disappear, but programs, even the simplest ones like a browser, often begin to freeze or give an error about out of memory.

I tried replacing the stock ssd with a samsung 990 pro. It doesn't solve the problem at all.
I tried replacing the stock Crucial memory modules with Patriot memory modules from my i5-13500 system. The same problems remain.

- Flashing the BIOS - does not help
- Reset CMOS - does not help
- Disabling all power saving features in both BIOS and Windows does not help
- Change HDMI cable, change DP cable - does not help
- Installing new AMD drivers from July 25 - does not help

IMPORTANT! All of the above issues are only relevant if I'm using a system with two or three monitors!
If when I boot the computer I connect only one monitor, then there are no problems in the computer's operation for any time. With any SSD and any set of memory.

Accordingly, the problem still lies in the implementation of the graphics drivers, and, possibly, the memory controller drivers that shares the RAM between the main system and the integrated graphics adapter. It is also possible that the part of the BIOS code responsible for the distribution of RAM is incorrectly implemented.

Beelink, please consider my information when looking for a solution.

And please find a solution as soon as possible. I've had the new GTR7 Pro for one month now. But I can't use it in my work, because I need at least two monitors for my work.

P.S.: At the same time, I do not see similar problems in the forums of competitors about computers based on AMD 7940HS processors.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-27 06:49:43 | Show all posts
Evgen replied at 2023-07-27 05:34
Hi all

I have the same problem as many on this forum.

Strange the rebooting is something I have read that other vendors have seen.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list