View: 1978|Reply: 4

GTR7 Pro - AMD drivers not verified, stuck at FHD

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-06-19 10:47:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
After the first Windows 11 OS update of my new GTR7 Pro, the devices "AMD Radeon 780M Graphics" and "AMD Audio Device" no longer work properly and display the bang/warning cicon in Device Manager. I've spent all weekend attempting numerous methods and order of operation to try to get them working again. I have used the AMD tool to completely clean all AMD drivers from the system, then attempted using the GTR7 Drivers download from bee-link to reinstall/update the generic Windows Display Driver and the AMD Audio device. Nothing works, just left with:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

In the latest driver pack from AMD (2306140846-22.40.57.05-230523a-392837C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition) there is no listed 780M (but you can find the 680M). In the driver pack provided by bee-link (2305120333-22.40.03.38-230428a-387513E-Nantong_Huada) there entries for the 780M, in 2 INF files (neither worked trying them directly either). Curious, where does the Nantong Huada company come in to this driver pack? There is one terrible suggestion of disabling driver signing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-06-19 21:30:50 | Show all posts
Hello Joe,

From your description, the failure of installing AMD driver is due to the windows update.
Please roll back the graphic driver to the original one in the device manager.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-06-20 02:55:51 | Show all posts
Hello,

I'm running into the same issue. Can you provide a link to the older drivers? I don't see an option to roll back manually.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-06-26 14:43:26 | Show all posts
Hello!

Sorry if I'm double posting, I tried to send something but I don't think it went through the first time.

I'm running into the same problem as the original poster. I have tried uninstalling the latest windows update, toggling Secure Boot, disabling driver signature enforcement, resetting the pc, and downloading the GTR7 AMD Drivers posted by Beelink. The Roll Back Driver option for both is grayed out.

Uninstalling the latest Windows update did nothing, neither did toggling Secure Boot. Disabling Driver Signature would not update the drivers either, as Device Manager would tell me in the Events tab that further installation was required for both (and for the AMD 780M it would also tell me under the Resources tab that the driver was not consuming any resources because something was wrong with it).

In the GTR7 Drivers > AMD > VGA folder, I ran the Setup application, which told me that I need to "Install(Repair)" the AMD 780M Driver. I did this with Full Install on and Factory Reset off. It would then tell me to reboot, after which nothing appears to have happened.

If it helps at all, Event Viewer tells me that for the AMD Radeon 780M, Driver Name "oem53.inf" had a problem starting, resulting in an error. For the AMD Audio Device it was Driver Name "oem43.inf" that had a problem starting.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-19 19:58:19 | Show all posts
I'm running into the same problem. Rolling back the driver did not work. Also, I tried clear installation of Windows 10 and Windows 11. All failed.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list