Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 654|Reply: 1

Beelink SER5 Ryzen 5 5500u power button off

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-06-05 11:18:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm about to purchase the Beelink SER5 with the Ryzen 5 5500u that I will be installing Ubuntu 22.04. I like to power off the unit just simply by pressing the power button. I like to ask if there is a feature that can safely shutdown the ubuntu OS by senting the proper shutdown command by just pressing the power button?

I will be using this unit headless in a car to do live streaming to youtube. The OS will be headless so to avoid the hassle of keep needing to plug in a keyboard and monitor to properly do the shutdown OS, I like to just press the power button and the unit will safely shutoff.

If that's possible, where in the BIOS can that be configured?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-06-06 01:11:29 | Show all posts
Hello there,

There is a feature in Ubuntu that allows you to safely shutdown the OS by pressing the power button. By default, when you press the power button on your computer, Ubuntu will show a dialog box asking you what action you want to take. From there, you can select the "Shutdown" option to safely shutdown the OS.You can also configure the power button to perform a specific action by going to the "Power" settings in the Ubuntu Settings app. From there, you can select what action you want to take when the power button is pressed, such as "Suspend", "Hibernate", or "Power off".There is no feature in the BIOS that can safely shutdown the Ubuntu OS.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list