View: 495|Reply: 2

Mini S 12, wake on USB

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-05-25 22:46:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've recently bought a few Mini S 12's and would like to know if there is a setting in the BIOS to permit wake-on-USB?

Here are some more details:  I'm using these Mini S's as LibreELEC (Linux variant) boxes.  I'd like to be able to turn the Mini S on using the power button on a Microsoft Media Center remote that is connected through the USB ports.  When turning the Mini S off, it appears that the USB ports are deactivated, so when I press the power button on the remote, I don't see the receiver responding to it and the Mini S does not turn on.  I do not recall off-hand what power state I need, but is there a setting in the BIOS that keeps the USB ports powered on even when the rest of the device is powered off and allows the device to be turned on by a USB device?

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-05-26 21:22:27 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Generally speaking, after you turn off the PC, there is still power in the USB port.
Do you want to wake on Lan ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-05-27 03:55:30 | Show all posts
No, I am not looking for Wake-On-LAN, I'm looking for a setting in the BIOS that permits the machine to be turned on or woken by a device plugged into the USB ports.  From what I've seen, the USB ports are not powered when the machine is otherwise turned off.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list