View: 593|Reply: 3

Strange problem with the mouse (on U59 pro Windows 11)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-05-18 14:38:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by quasyl at 2023-05-18 15:10

I've been experiencing a strange problem with the mouse for some time now: when I click on something, when I have to highlight a word in word, I have to insist with the mouse that never responds to the first hit. It is an optical mouse that works perfectly on other PCs.
The day before yesterday, the mouse got totally blocked 2 times and I had to, with great difficulty, restore an Acronis True Image image.
I looked for virus with windows defender and with Eset NOD32 online: no virus found.

It goes without saying that restarting the pc is totally useless. Has anyone encountered this problem? How to solve?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-05-19 21:22:11 | Show all posts
Hello there,

There are several possible problems that could cause a mouse to become blocked:
1. Connection issues: If the mouse is connected to a computer, the connection could be faulty. Try unplugging and re-plugging the mouse to see if it resolves the issue.

2. Driver issues: If the mouse driver is outdated or corrupted, it can cause the mouse to malfunction. Try updating the driver or reinstalling it.

3. Hardware issues: If the mouse is physically damaged or has accumulated dust and debris, it can cause blockages. Try cleaning the mouse or replacing it if necessary.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-05-20 17:40:10 | Show all posts
Support-03 replied at 2023-05-19 21:22
Hello there,

There are several possible problems that could cause a mouse to become blocked:

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I had already considered these possibilities but without success. For a couple of days the problem has not occurred again (until now at least) perhaps thanks to the following maneuver: opened the Windows security panel / device security / core isolation / block list of vulnerable Microsoft drivers. There was a safety warning. It did not specify what this vulnerability referred to and having tried to update the mouse drivers to no avail (no updates available) I selected ignore, rebooted and now all seems fine. I hope the problem doesn't come back because it's very stressful.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-05-21 00:55:41 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Glad that you have resolved the problem.
If the issue persists next time, please do let us know.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list