WiFi WOL U59

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-04-08 18:42:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Greetings,
Can you please help with the following:
1.  How to enable and perform wake on lan (WOL) if the u59 only has a wireless connection?  It works with ethernet cable however I need to relocate where there is no cable access.
2.  What is the latest bios for u59?
Thanks in advance

BeeLINK Serial Number.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-04-10 17:17:07 | Show all posts
Hello,
Pls contact our email for BIOS.
You need to make sure that the machine need to be woken up use a net cable and all your pcs use a same LAN.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-04-13 16:35:02 | Show all posts
Posting this response for the benefit of all other users/members to save you time with persistent requests by support to email directly which does nothing more than take conversation off line and no real help sadly.

Emailing support directly as requested by moderators results in a jpg file outlining how to right click wifi adapter in device manager and set all three check boxes under "Power Management" tab to "ON" (i.e. select all three).  Why not post here for everyone to see, so many times the same question is asked and so many times everyone has to email directly.

Also, I did not get any  additional help or mention of how or where to obtain latest U59 firmware (in the hope it may help with above wifi WOL issue).

Hope this helps others.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-04-13 17:50:58 | Show all posts
Hello,
Since many people will flash the wrong bios which will brick the machine.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-04-13 18:04:02 | Show all posts
Noted, thanks for prompt reply however you asked me to email direct for BIOS and I heard nothing back so not sure why on that topic?  If you think I will brick my machine then say as much rather than vague response.  I get it, you don't want to create more issues for customer (and support) however why can't you tell from SKU and serial number and BIOS installed whether it is meant to perform WOL over WiFi?  Much better to post here on forums for others to learn rather than take people off-line and give vague answers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-04-24 20:51:56 | Show all posts
eco500 replied at 2023-04-13 18:04
Noted, thanks for prompt reply however you asked me to email direct for BIOS and I heard nothing bac ...

Hello there,

Sorry for the bad experience.
Generally speaking, the WOL is enabled as default in the BIOS.
You can try WOL apps like WAKE-ME-ON-LAN ,Teamviewer or Depicus.
For more tutorial you can check it at https://www.lifewire.com/wake-on-lan-4149800

Best regards,
George

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list