View: 2315|Reply: 6

SER5 PRO 5600H - Unable to wake from sleep

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-04-03 09:05:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
I seem to have an interesting issue with my SER5 Pro Ryzen 5 5600H.

When the computer goes to sleep, moving or clicking the mouse or hitting a few keys on the keyboard doesn't wake it up from sleep. To get it to wake up, I've been pushing the power button, which is the only trick to wake the system from sleep.

The keyboard and mouse are a Dell combo running off a single USB dongle. I tried it on the front and back of the system with the same result.

Is there some sort of setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-04-03 09:55:35 | Show all posts
Hello,
Sorry for your trouble.
You mean that your machine can't be woken up from the rear and front USB ports?
Could you check if you have set this option of never?
1. First, right click the Windows menu, find and click the Settings button.
2. Then, after entering the setting interface, click the "System" option.
3. After that, go to System Settings, find "Power and Sleep" in the left column and click.
4. Next, go to Edit Plan Settings and click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
5. Finally, find the "Sleep for this time" option; set the time to be as large as possible. At this point, the automatic shutdown of the computer during sleep has been solved.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-14 17:42:35 | Show all posts
I have the same problem with one of my two SER5/5800s.  The other wakes up fine with any key or mouse click.  Just making the computer never sleep is really only a temporary fix.
The problem seems related to the OP's issue - my problem system has an off brand kb/mouse combo on a single dongle.  My good one has a wired kb and a logitech wireless trackball.  I suspect therein lies the problem.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2023-07-14 18:08:17 | Show all posts
These problems are usually related to wireless accessories, wired ones, connected in back ports are fine 99% of time. Already tested on 2 Beelink machines one with AMD and one cheaper with Intel Celeron. I don't know exactly how the front ports are made and why they cannot wake up machines from sleep, maybe Support will enlighten us.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-16 02:00:13 | Show all posts
Edited by joggs at 2023-07-16 02:16

I am having the same problems with both a 5600 and 5800 connected to back ports

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-21 21:10:05 | Show all posts
joggs replied at 2023-07-16 02:00
I am having the same problems with both a 5600 and 5800 connected to back ports

Last week I bought a brand new wireless keyboard and mouse combo from Logitech and have the same exact issue now even plugged into the back. Never had the problem with wired keyboard and mouse.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-08-24 21:35:45 | Show all posts
I think I have a similar problem but did not do further investigate on it. I have a USB Dell keyboard the has built in USB port. I had plug my Mouse transceiver on Keyboard USB port and left the computer for 2 hrs. It went to sleep after got back but my mouse didn't do anything. However, I hit the space bar on keyboard then it woke up.
In my opinion, the sleep had also turned off the USB somehow because the mouse tried to send the software trigger through Keyboard USB port and the Mini PC didn't do anything.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list