Ser6 pro 1.13 bios update

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-04-25 10:53:24 | Show all posts
dlonyer replied at 2023-04-25 08:03
Thanks Support-03, this is an executable file, what would be the procedure to use it?

Please download it and then unzip it . Double click the .exe file to start flashing.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-04-25 21:10:06 | Show all posts
Support-03

If flashed 1.15 EC to 1.11 bios is it possible to update the bios to 1.13?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-04-29 18:46:51 | Show all posts
Hi gelezi

I am in the same position I have updated EC to 1.15.1 but BIOS remains at 1.13. I have raised this with Support and they have advised me that one can do that, i.e., also take BIOS to 1.13...but when they send me what is required to do this (a .rar file) I get an email advising that they have cleaned malware from the email.

I have raised this with them and am waiting to see what they can do about it...but it looks like what you are asking for is possible. May be worth email Support a direct question on this, see if they do the same as they have done for me, and whether you manage to get what you need or if you have the same issue as I am having at present.

Please keep me posted on how you get on if you do.

Cheers, Baldrick

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-05-06 06:27:29 | Show all posts
Hi All

For anyone that is interested I finally receive  a. RAR containing the latest BIOS, i.e., EC update to 1.15, plus some instructions. It took a little time to get this due to some strangeness related to receiving the email with the download link & instruction attached. But eventually got there thanks to Eden on Support.

Followed the instructions to create the bootable USB and the rebooted, selected the USB and tried to follow the instructions...but could not. It looks like that they may have been old as the flashing of the firmware started automatically. Am not complaining but it is a bit worrying when one is expecting one thing and something else completely different happens.

Anyway...the process finally completed successfully given that the unit closed down. So pressed the power button and thereafter for what seemed an age NOTHING happened...and I mean nothing at all...monitor flashed no connection & I just waited. After what seemed an age the monitor flashed that it had a connection and I pressed 'Del' to get into the BIOS to check what the position was. Thankfully EC was now showing 1.15 so exited and Windows loaded normally.

Not many option changes under 1.15; main one being the TDP can now be changed between 35 Watts & 45 Watts, etc.

Anyway, I hope the above is of assistance. Moral of the story is persist with your request to Support...they will eventually get to you...as they did me. And very helpful they were too.

Regards, Baldrick

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-05-21 08:47:28 | Show all posts
Support-03 replied at 2023-04-24 14:17
Hello there,

Here is the 1.13 BIOS https://mega.nz/file/D4V2VSKI#iB ... WPR7Jm9lj9Ptx2ySa58

Hi! I just flashed the new bios that you provided. So now in bios it shows version 1.13 and EC 1.13. Also I tried both 35 and 45 watt modes. But it seems that the temperature while playing any game reaches 90°C. Just like before, with bios 1.11. So what I do wrong?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-05-25 02:01:08 | Show all posts
Is the SER6 and SER6 PRO with 7735hs all the same?

I cannot boot from USB for chrome OS flex or FydeOS.  I was thinking about flashing bios and trying again.  I just don't wanna use the wrong file if BIOS is different between the 2 models.

I have 3 identical devices = 7735H3FF70293

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list