Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 794|Reply: 0

installed 2TB SSD in brand new SER6 PRO; it's not showing up. (fixed!)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-03-18 11:54:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by HisMessengerDAB at 2023-03-30 08:43

Good evening,

I just received my brand-new SER6 PRO alongside with a TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 2TB hard drive. I turned off the PC, unplugged everything, inserted the SSD, and expected everything to work. Unfortunately, when I turned the PC back on, it was not registering the new SSD. I tried looking online on the website for data about this but no luck. Any ideas for what I could do to fix that?

edit: nevermind... I had a moment and figured it out. The drive did not work because it was "uninitialized." To those of you who don't know what to do, just go into "Disk Management" on your computer and it will prompt you to initialize the disk. On doing some very short research it looks like GPT might be "better" than MBR but I'm open to feedback.

After you initialize the disk, right click on the unallocated portion on the window and select create simple volume. To keep this simple, I'm going to suggest using the default stuff, but feel free to adjust as helpful.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to figure this out.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list