Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 732|Reply: 2

SOLVED-New 4K display but nothing higher than 1080 resolution option in settings

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-03-13 10:58:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by d0gg at 2023-03-13 15:28

I posted in the SEI forum and got no responses, thought I might have some luck in the other.

I just picked up a 4K UHD display for my SEI8 8279U (Samsung U32J590). I plugged it in and when it starts up, the bios load screen is in 4K. But when windows 11 loads it is in 1080p. When I go into settings the highest resolution listed is 1920x1080.

I have tried several HDMI cords (I used the new one that came with the display first).
I checked to make sure the most current drivers are installed.
I have tried to change the refresh to 30Hz to see if it would add the 4k resolutions.

The picture looks great! But it isn't in 4k. And I cant find out what I am missing to get it to let me change it.

Any one have any direction?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-03-13 15:26:55 | Show all posts
After quite a bit of searching and reading. I was able to find out what the issue was.

At some point someone made changes to the bios (wasn't me, I bought it gently used). And what ever those changes were it royally messed up the video on the SEi8. Not only was the 4K not working. I also ended up finding out that the second HDMI port was not functioning as well. That turned me in to different direction of searching. Eventually I ended up hitting on the suggestion of setting the bios to optimized defaults.

Set it... Started up..
Both ports work and 4k is functional!!!

So if someone else has the same issue. Consider loading the optimized defaults in the bios!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-03-13 17:30:52 | Show all posts
Hello,
Thanks for your sharing.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up