Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 610|Reply: 0

SER6 - Wi-fi6 AX200 160mhz slow

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-03-11 19:33:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by LeeLee at 2023-03-11 19:34

Hello everyone.

I just purchased this and I love it! However, I notice the download speed is literally 1/10 of what it should be. I googled a bit and found this to be a problem with the AX200 chipset in general. I am connecting to a tp-link Archer A6 router. I am running iwht the default OS Windows 11, and the signal strength is fine

Here is what I have tried so far.

• remove / reinstall device in device manager
  • Install latest Intel driver
  • Running ' netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal' from admin cmd prompt
  • All kinds of advanced settings in the driver properties in dev mgr such as Throughput Booster enable / disable
  • Manually setting 'channel width' to 20 / 40 / 80 Mhz on the router and manually setting various channels

Some of these settings helped a little, but on a 200/10 mbps internet connection I am maxing out at 20-25 mbps down. I have several laptops sitting right next to the SER6 and they are pulling down the full 200mpbs no problem.

As a temporary workaround, I tried using a cheap external Realtek 8811CU usb wifi adapter on the SER6 and it also is pulling down the full throughput.I am running latest BIOS version 1.13 on the SER6.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Could it be that the internal antenna / metal enclosure are just inhibiting the performance?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list