View: 1364|Reply: 9

SER 4700U - both front USB 3 ports fail to work

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-03-07 08:51:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm having an issue with the front USB 3 ports on my Beelink mini-pc and was wondering if anyone came across this before?
The front USB 3 ports will not detect any devices connected to them. The rear USB 2 ports work fine. Windows 11 Pro is showing the device driver loads fine at startup, but faults to error 43 when a usb device (usb keyboard, usb drive, external drive/etc) is connected to the front ports. Removing and reinstalling the driver produces the same results.

The unit has been completely powered down, unpluged and CMOS reset. I also tried to see if a known working bootable usb drive will detect at startup in the bios, but even that is not working as nothing shows up on the boot menu. The rear USB 2 ports detect it just fine on the boot menu. I am guessing this is a board/hardware failure based off all my testing so far. The unit is not even 3 months old which is disappointing.  Does anyone have any input or resolutions for this problem? Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-03-07 09:11:15 | Show all posts
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply and your trouble.
Could you send a picture of SN and your bios version.
Did you use Logitech?
Pls also contact our email.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-03-07 09:28:37 | Show all posts
Edited by Charlie at 2023-03-07 11:03
Support-03 replied at 2023-03-07 09:11
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply and your trouble.
Could you send a picture of SN and your bios versi ...

Hi, If you mean a Logitech keyboard, no. I have a wired usb mouse and keyboard that don't work on the front ports. Even if I try any usb device (eg. usb drive) on the front usb 3 ports, nothing works. Nothing gets detected when plugged in. It is as if the ports are dead.

BIOS core version is 5.16

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-03-07 18:09:54 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-03-09 00:04:21 | Show all posts
Didn't work. Unit is completely dead now and won't boot.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-03-10 13:25:52 | Show all posts
Update: Mainboard is defective, unit no longer boots up, fan just runs constantly. Tried the power cycle trick with the same outcome.  I see a lot of this happening on the forum, what a shame.
Now, dealing with the vendor for a return was a nightmare. A lot of messages back and forth until they provided two different return addresses!? Red flag #1.
I looked both up and saw posts online of others that shipped to these addresses with a crazy results. Beelink (or their reseller) claim they never received it and won't refund the customers even though customers have proof of delivery. Not cool.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-03-10 17:38:45 | Show all posts
Edited by tokenquest at 2023-03-10 18:09

This is actually a common problem in windows 10/11. Microsoft natively controls the USB driver updates for AMD and Intel, and this issue sounds like a failed windows update of the USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller driver. The USB 2.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver updated correctly thats why the back ports work. The only way to fix this is to do a clean install of windows via USB flash drive. But first, look in BIOS. Chipset>South Bridge>SB USB Configuration>USB[0-4]. Make sure all XHCIO's are Enabled for each port. When your have the windows flash drive ready, connect it to rear port. Restart, hit F7 repeatedly, select flash drive with windows. Clean install. Or, you can use a lite linux distro installed on a flash drive to boot into, then check to see if your usb3 ports work.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-03-10 22:38:14 | Show all posts
tokenquest replied at 2023-03-10 17:38
This is actually a common problem in windows 10/11. Microsoft natively controls the USB driver updat ...

This isn't a driver/windows issue but thanks for the input. When the unit was "working" a fresh install didn't even resolve the problem. Front ports were completely dead. USB power meter couldn't even detect a 5V output from it indicating a mainboard issue.

Unfortunately, it got worse and the unit eventually refused to even power up. You can't even get into the BIOS in that situation. The unit fan just spins on full when powered up, no video output on any of the HDMI/USBC ports along with no leds on the front button either.  I also tested each component individually on another unit and ram/etc are all fine. Tried bios reset/etc no luck. Mainboard is toast. Mainboard brand IS AZW if anyone is interested.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2023-03-10 23:17:03 | Show all posts
Charlie replied at 2023-03-10 22:38
This isn't a driver/windows issue but thanks for the input. When the unit was "working" a fresh in ...

Open ticket on Service & Repair and write what you wrote here, they can send a replacement.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-03-11 17:43:41 | Show all posts
Try removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list