Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 544|Reply: 2

Ser5 - Virtual Machine problems (mouse/headset)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-14 04:10:03 | Show all posts |Read mode

Hi

Running a virtual machine via Citrix, the mouse becomes transparent in text areas of applications (most but not all of the time)  - particularly evident in MS Outlook, Excel etc.  (It cannot be rectified using any of the mouse options in device manager)   

Also USB headset is not detected in MS Teams.

Neither of these issues occur on my Win11 Laptop, which just worked 'out of the box' with Citrix, so I'm assuming it maybe the build of Windows or a driver issue?

Any ideas?   

NB - Final question, where is the search option on this forum!!  - I dont see it on Edge....

Thanks!  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-16 06:00:57 | Show all posts
Well fixed the headphones issue with a local Citrix setting, but the mouse issue remains.....    Tried deleting the driver, changing the mouse, all permutations of mouse config in device manager.   I've thrown in the towel now
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-21 23:24:46 | Show all posts
To answer my own question, its a known issue with the AMD drivers introduced after 22.5.1   There is a registry fix, but the simplest solution is to make the mouse 'solid' in Accessibility settings.   (doesn't work if applied directly from 'mouse' settings)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list