View: 3489|Reply: 12

SER5 powered down then does not start anymore

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-10 02:40:08 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

my rather new SER5 has powered down in the middle of being idle.  I didnt do anything with it.  

Now if I push the red button for start - nothing.   The power adapter blinks "blue" frequently.  It stops blinking when I disconnect it with the mini pc (and the blue light remains on).

I read that there is a hardware issue with SER5 motherboards?   I am just ouside of the 30 return window on Amazon where I bought it.

Please let me know either - if I can solve the issue somehow or let me know how to get in touch with Amazon (do you have a reference number for this "known" issue?).

Thank you very much.  Instead of sending it back - will there be a replacement sent?  How do delete the data without it working?

If I get a reply from Beelink support in the meantime that solves it..I will post it here.

Best Regards
Mathias

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-10 02:43:11 | Show all posts
Try a new power supply first? IIRC it's a kind of standard 19V power supply like laptops
SER5 5600H 32/500 - MX Linux
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-10 06:18:08 | Show all posts
Disconnect everything from your SER5 (power, HDMI, USB) and then reconnect. Then see if it powers up. I really wish American Megatrends had a BIOS update to address this from happening.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-02-10 17:45:59 | Show all posts
Hello,
Pls contact our email.

Could you pls send  a picture of SN at the bottom of the machine and your purchase record?
Just balck screen?
Does the fan rotate?
Does the instruction led light up?

1.Please change another HDMI cable or power supply.

2.Please unplug the power supply and HDMI cable. Please try to hit the hole of "CLR CMOS" with a needle or a pin for about 5-10 seconds.Ten minutes later, plug the power supply and HDMI cable, turn on the PC again.

3.There might be something wrong with the hard ware components.Please take out the SSD and RAM and then put them back , make sure they are installed properly.

Also please clean the gold finger with a rubber.Here is the tutorial  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEd_7nmWVOk  

If it still doesn’t work, please press delete key as soon as you turn on the PC, so that you can go to BIOS, please check you can see SSD there.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-10 18:07:30 | Show all posts
Thanks.  Nothing works.  The seller has also told me to return it  Amazon accepted the return of the computer for a full refund.  That's a relief.     Thanks for the support here.   

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-19 13:18:03 | Show all posts

I've been reading this thread hoping for a solution. I decided to sign up for an account because I think I figured it out.  I have two of these machines.  One I originally purchased for daughter.  I loved it so much that I bought one for myself a month later but from a different vendor.  My daughter's machine does not have this issue; however, mine does.  The only difference between the two machines is the power supply.  I tried her power supply on my machine and voila.  The issue is gone.  My machine restarts without a hitch.  I'm unsure if it will work for you, but it worked for me.  Here are the specs for her power supply.  AC ADAPTER MODEL: TDX-1903000U, INPUT: 100-240V ~50/60Hz 2.0A, OUTPUT: 19V⎓ 3.0A

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-20 17:48:19 | Show all posts
Jouieb replied at 2023-02-19 13:18
I've been reading this thread hoping for a solution. I decided to sign up for an account because I  ...

Hello, I have the same issues. Could you please give an update if the issue fully went away? how did you test? What OS do you use? How many restarts did you try? I found this adapter but it is not cheap so I'm torn between sending the whole pc back for refund or give it a try with a new adapter.
Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-02-20 18:12:45 | Show all posts
Mhaering replied at 2023-02-10 18:07
Thanks.  Nothing works.  The seller has also told me to return it  Amazon accepted the return of the ...

Hello,
Pls contact our email.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-21 00:18:17 | Show all posts
@kylmccrone.
My daughter and I had the same SER5 machines with a 5560U processor.  She said she didn't have this issue.  I went to her apartment with my machine to try out her power supply.  My machine restarted three times just fine.  The one test I didn't do is trying her machine with my power supply.  I don't know if it will work for you.  If I were you, I'd send the machine back if it's still within the return period.  By the way, my power supply specs are

MODEL: HKA06519034-6K
INPUT: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 1.5A
OUTPUT: 19.0V⎓3.42A, 64.98W

With those similar specs, I didn't think it mattered.  Maybe, there's just a defect on the batch of power supplies that came packaged with some SER5s.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-26 07:20:51 | Show all posts
It works!!!  I got my replacement power supply.  Identical to the one that my daughter has.  It restarts fine now!  My original was branded Huntkey.  Replacement is a  TDX Power AC Adapter Model TDX-1903000U.  It works great with my machine!

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list